Support

Open search

S10/S10+ USB connection to car

First Poster

Hi

On the iPhone, I am able to connect the phone to the car via usb and play music, skip tracks, see track info and album art, etc. Can anyone with an S10 confirm if this is possible via USB on the new galaxy, and if so, which car you are using it in.

Thanks

27 REPLIES 27
Troubleshooter

What car do you have?

First Poster

It's a 2018 Audi S5.

I have the same problem  - switched from Iphone 7 to S10 and unable to connect the phone to the car USB or it does not recognise it. I drive a 2016 Subaru XV but surely it is not a  car-specific problem....

Apprentice

I have the same problem Please help 

Troubleshooter

@ChristiAresti wrote:

I have the same problem Please help 

Have never tried usb connection only use Bluetooth. Will try and report back! Could also depend on the info center in the car how it handles it.

Screenshot_20190405-172106_MTP application.jpg

No don’t work here. Not bothered as works perfectly well over Bluetooth 

So my car must have some variant of Mac OS No!!!

Observer

I have solved this problem by using the Samsung Car Mobile  phone holder Wireless charging device which attaches by suction cup to the windscreen, I bought it to use with my S7, tried my S10+ and it charged it straight away no problem,  I have only just received my S10+ yesterday, so can't say if it charges fully just yet. Haven't attempted a direct USB connection as you have to use the USB cable supplied (damage possibility if use another type) and wouldn't be long enough, cost almost £50 but really worth the investment as I use it for Google Maps whilst driving. 

Troubleshooter

@Petereasypc wrote:

I have solved this problem by using the Samsung Car Wireless device which attaches by suction cup to the windscreen, I bought it to use with my S7, tried my S10+ and it charged it straight away no problem,  I have only just received my S10+ yesterday, so can't say if it charges fully just yet. Haven't attempted a direct USB connection as you have to use the USB cable supplied (damage possibility if use another type) and wouldn't be long enough, cost almost £50 but really worth the investment as I use it for Google Maps whilst driving. 

People here are talking about playing music from the phone and connecting it using USB to the car stereo system. Not charging the phone. 

Observer
Sorry, should have read it properly first.
Troubleshooter

@Petereasypc wrote:
Sorry, should have read it properly first.

No problem I do it all the time

Top Liked Authors