Support

Open search

S10/S10+ USB connection to car

Apprentice

😊😊 thank you I dont have bluetooth connection in my car just usb. And it charges the phone all i need is my phone to connect to media via usb. But i think i found a solution after thinking about it.. i either add an sd card to my phone or i just plug it in the otg and i also need to buy   (USB-C Adapter - USB A 3.0 (Male) to USB Type C (Female) Converter) connect them together and try that 🙄  

Troubleshooter

@ChristiAresti wrote:

😊😊 thank you I dont have bluetooth connection in my car just usb. And it charges the phone all i need is my phone to connect to media via usb. But i think i found a solution after thinking about it.. i either add an sd card to my phone or i just plug it in the otg and i also need to buy   (USB-C Adapter - USB A 3.0 (Male) to USB Type C (Female) Converter) connect them together and try that 🙄  

What car do you have? If you don’t mind me asking.

Apprentice
My car is a kia pro-ceed
Troubleshooter

@ChristiAresti wrote:
My car is a kia pro-ceed

Modern car sure that’s not got Bluetooth connectivity?

Apprentice
Def sure!
Troubleshooter

@ChristiAresti wrote:
Def sure!

What about 3.5MM jack input for media? 

Same problem here. Wondering if it was worth getting rid of my iPhone 

I am driving a Ford KA 2012 where I have been previously using my iphone7 without any connectivity issues. When I connect via bluetooth the s10 plus can transmit calls but not media such as iTunes, Samsung music and spotify. When I plug the USB in it plays random music on my phone where no other media playing is playing (this is when bluetooth media settings are set to auto play in the car dashboard). Also it the USB does charge my phone. I have no aux Jack so cannot use that. I have found to use a bluetooth fm transmitter using my cigarette charger but that renders the forward and rewind controls on my steering wheel useless! Please help anyone! My iPhone could play all media through the USB and showed song names etc! Please, all help is appreciated to enjoy my commute to work!

Apprentice
I'm having same issue usb doesn't recognise the phone storage what steps have you taken off you got it to work
Highlighted
Apprentice
Problem with Bluetooth I find there's a delay and it's noticeable when you watch video