Support

Open search

S10 Plus BATTERY DRAIN OVERNIGHT

First Poster

There is some serious issue with my S10 plus. Whenever i go to sleep at night i turn off wifi,location,bluetooth,apps,etc. Basically i close everything and go to sleep. When i wake up in the morning the battery drops to 15-20% everyday. Isn't this weird, the battery dropping 15-20% every night in just 6-7 hours without the phone being used??? What's the issue with this Samsung? Can you please help me out. I even did a factory reset on my phone but still that didn't solve the issue.

3 REPLIES 3
Pathfinder

@Qadar wrote:

There is some serious issue with my S10 plus. Whenever i go to sleep at night i turn off wifi,location,bluetooth,apps,etc. Basically i close everything and go to sleep. When i wake up in the morning the battery drops to 15-20% everyday. Isn't this weird, the battery dropping 15-20% every night in just 6-7 hours without the phone being used??? What's the issue with this Samsung? Can you please help me out. I even did a factory reset on my phone but still that didn't solve the issue.

Do not shut off your wifi, I'm not sure where this comes from but doing so doesn't help saving battery. I've been seeing this for years and it does very little in saving battery life unless your phone is so far from the router it works overtime trying to stay connected.

This device as the many complaints across forums and different postings has a huge battery issue drain which I feel is directly related to the networking. Keep your phone on wifi so it isn't constantly searching for a stronger network signal which this device has no intention of connecting to as it squats on the weaker signal.

I don't shut anything off on my device overnight, I do not plug it in and I only lose about 3-4% each night. I also disabled all the crappy social media apps, I only wish I could uninstall them. FB and FB messenger are known apps to drain your battery due to their ***** poor coding across any device.

First Poster

Well you are lucky you dropping 3-4% every night. I drop 3-4% every hour without using the phone. It's very disturbing to see the battery performance of such a costly device. You spend those extra bucks for some good battery, camera and user experience. And in this connected world it's very hard not to use the social networking apps. I use Instagram, WhatsApp, Snapchat. Never used facebook, twitter, linkdin, etc. So is there any solution for this? Or is this some software issue?

Pathfinder

@Qadar wrote:

Well you are lucky you dropping 3-4% every night. I drop 3-4% every hour without using the phone. It's very disturbing to see the battery performance of such a costly device. You spend those extra bucks for some good battery, camera and user experience. And in this connected world it's very hard not to use the social networking apps. I use Instagram, WhatsApp, Snapchat. Never used facebook, twitter, linkdin, etc. So is there any solution for this? Or is this some software issue?

FB and some other apps were forced upon this device, if you're not using them disable them completely.  You can not uninstall them as Samsung is forcing you to have them even though we bought our devices outright.

Please, I have no social media apps on my phone and make through the day just fine and don't find it hard in the least.  Connecting with the world happens in real life, not on apps.

If you insist on having these apps, then you need to learn how to properly optimize them for your device. Go into the settings of the app and optimize them.  These social media apps are constantly calling home giving all kinds of information back and forth from your device. If you installed games on your device then you need to optimize them as well. You can not just do a setting in the battery section and think that is it, each app needs to be opitizmed. And even then because most of these apps have such poor coding to them, they will all be battery hogs.

No matter the device, every year it's the same thing with people who insist on putting these types of apps on their device complaining about huge battery loss. If you insist on these apps, then you need to accept the battery loss. There is nothing Samsung or any other manufacturer can do about it, complain to the devs making the apps.

Top Liked Authors