Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S10 Pin Issue after setting up Google Work Profile

(Topic created on: 05-03-2020 03:42 PM)
CRD23
First Poster
Options

Long story short, my work is making us update security features to access the Google Suite.  As part of this process, it required me to change my pin from 4 digits to 6 digits.   Next time I locked my phone, it would not accept the new (or the old) pin.   As soon as I type in the 4th digit it tries to use the password and says it is incorrect.   I still had access using my fingerprints.   My work IT decided to restart my phone as they assumed it would force the change to take affect, but it didn't and now I cannot get into my phone whatsoever.   Any thoughts on how to fix this without having to factory reset?

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3
AndrewL
Options
@CRD23: Not sure what could be causing this. If you have a Samsung Account registered to your S10, and Find My Mobile is active, then you can remotely unlock the device via an internet browser by signing in to the following site: https://findmymobile.samsung.com/login.do
If you're able to unlock the phone, try removing your fingerprint along with any other Biometrics you have in place to see if this helps. When you add the new PIN, don't lock the phone right away and instead go back into the Lock Screen Type and enter your new PIN to ensure that it has been registered correctly.
0 Likes
CRD23
First Poster
Options

Tried that- apparently I didn't turn on the remote unlock when initially setting up the phone.  It's too late for the other option as we already restarted the phone so now it must be unlocked with the pin.

0 Likes
AndrewL
Options
@CRD23: Sorry to hear that. At this stage I recommend visiting a Support Centre and an engineer will be able to unlock the phone for you. As this relates to a security feature, proof of purchase is required in order for the engineer to proceed with the service. To find your nearest Support Centre, please check the following link, select 'Mobile Device' and enter your post code.

http://www.samsung.com/uk/support/servicelocation/
0 Likes