Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

S10 Panorama Mode is Such a Disappointment

(Topic created on: 29-05-2019 05:28 PM)
Victor_2019
Journeyman
Options

I switched from the S8 to the S10 in March when my preordered phone arrived. I have been taking pictures with Samsung Galaxy phones for years and I now am especially disappointed with the Panorama mode of the S10. It uses the ultra wide camera (why?) and the distortion and blur are so bad that I find this mode useless. Why not use the regular camera for shooting panoramas? It would greatly improve the quality. The Panorama mode works fine in the Galaxy S8. Can Samsung fix it with a software upgrade?

9 REPLIES 9
Some-dude
Navigator
Options

I Agree. I find the quality of the photos in panorama mode totally disappointing too. It's a huge step down from the S8, which makes beautiful panoramas because it uses the main camera.  I expected much more progress in 3 years time, but at least I would like to see we're not going backward qualitywise. I used to use the pano mode all the time, but it became useless to me with this awful quality. If Samsung doesn't fix this I'm seriously considering going back to an s8 or something else. 

SithLord
Voyager
Options

Just tested this as not used it yet and was quite alarmed by this thread...

Its absolute trash compared with S9/note9. Poor stitching, blurry details, and compressed to the smithereens. 

Some-dude
Navigator
Options

I also can't believe they agreed with this standard of quality before actually selling this phone. This isn't even a matter of taste or subjectiveness, it just looks totally horrrible and I'm sure anybody will acknowledge that.

Solution
Some-dude
Navigator
Options

With the latest update from today the option to select the main lens instead of the wide angle when making a panorama has been introduced. The quality has improved greatly because of this. Thank you Samsung!

Victor_2019
Journeyman
Options
I just updated the S10 software and the problem with the Panorama mode indeed seems to be solved!
0 Likes
Victor_2019
Journeyman
Options

Panorama taken with main cameraPanorama taken with main cameraPanorama taken with ultra wide camera - much more blurredPanorama taken with ultra wide camera - much more blurred

StellarTraveler
Helping Hand
Options

@Victor_2019 wrote:

Panorama taken with main cameraPanorama taken with main cameraPanorama taken with ultra wide camera - much more blurredPanorama taken with ultra wide camera - much more blurred

How does one take panorama in wide/I just see panorama setting and no option to use ultra wide?

0 Likes
Some-dude
Navigator
Options
In panorama mode there's the same switch as in normal photo mode to chose between lenses. This option only just became available with the latest update from this week. However, I think the update was pulled due to various problems among a big group of users. I assume it will be available again when all is solved.
StellarTraveler
Helping Hand
Options

Thank you for easing the stress!

0 Likes