Support

Open search

S10 Notifications not waking up screen!

Helping Hand

@DanaAlina wrote:

Hello,

I made the settings for notifications, downloaded Glimpse, now I got to the point where my screen lights up when I receive notifications and I have the messages on the screen. However, if I receive messages (whatsapp/facebook messanger) from multiple people, it only shows the last message from each of them.

As I recently moved from IOS to Samsung, I find this extremly non user friendly, as I constantly need to tap the screen and unlock it in order to read the messages, whereas on Iphone I just had to scroll on the lock screen to read the entire unread conversation (I had a line per each message received).

Is there any solution for this?

Thanks

GLIMPSE NOTIFICATIONS WILL SURELY DO THE TRICK! ONLY ONE THAT WORKS. Built in listener that wakes to ANY app you choose. problem solved.

First Poster

Thanks for your answer. However, as I wrote in the initial message,  glimpse answers only part of my request, as I don't only expect for the screen to light up, but I also want to see all messages, line by line (not grouped according to recipient and app, and not only the last 2 messages).

It feels strange that both Samsung and android are so well appreciated, and i had high expectations for them. Unfortunately, I feel like using them is totally not user friendly (what is it with downloading so many apps for each configuration?!). Also, it feels like i need to put serious time and effort into customizing and configuring my settings (definitely not one of the phones that you just take out of the box and start using). And on top of all these, the best quality, the highly customisable feature, that is so well known, seems like is not actually that well developed, as I can't customize it to my needs. And after reading reviews online, it doesn't feel like I am the only one facing this issue.

Highlighted
First Poster
I feel your pain. Upgraded from the S8 this week and seem to be spending hours trying to get the S10 to do the most basic things. Currently not getting any consistency with notifications: I'll get ones from Twitter sometimes but not always; Google Tasks is only notifying when the app is open... List goes on. And yes, I've been fiddling with the battery settings for individual apps etc to ensure they're not being put to sleep.

Even the screen took some research and fiddling with to get skin tones looking less yellow and washed out (using the blue light filter hack discussed elsewhere on here). There have been other issues too.

I feel like I'm beta testing a phone instead of enjoying using a new one. And let's face it, they're not cheap. I just want the basics to work and not to be diving into the settings every 5 mins to sort out yet another issue.
Helping Hand

@DanaAlina wrote:

Thanks for your answer. However, as I wrote in the initial message,  glimpse answers only part of my request, as I don't only expect for the screen to light up, but I also want to see all messages, line by line (not grouped according to recipient and app, and not only the last 2 messages).

It feels strange that both Samsung and android are so well appreciated, and i had high expectations for them. Unfortunately, I feel like using them is totally not user friendly (what is it with downloading so many apps for each configuration?!). Also, it feels like i need to put serious time and effort into customizing and configuring my settings (definitely not one of the phones that you just take out of the box and start using). And on top of all these, the best quality, the highly customisable feature, that is so well known, seems like is not actually that well developed, as I can't customize it to my needs. And after reading reviews online, it doesn't feel like I am the only one facing this issue.

glimpse is only a notifier and nothing to do with carriers messaging or provisioning

Top Liked Authors