Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S10 Front Camera Will Not Focus

(Topic created on: 27-09-2019 07:31 PM)
Snoopystu
Navigator
Options

My front camera on my s10 will not focus.

I did not use it for first month or so but then when i came to use it it will not focus.

I have installed every update including the latest camera one but all it does is make a noise as if it is trying to focus but can't :shocked-face-with-exploding-head:

2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Solution
AndrewL
Options
If the whole image is blurred (assuming you're not in Live Focus mode, which provides a blur effect) then I recommend visiting a Support Centre near you where an engineer can inspect the device. To find your nearest one, please check the link below, select Mobile Device and enter your post code.

http://www.samsung.com/uk/support/servicelocation

View solution in context

0 Likes
Solution
Gonfishin
Journeyman
Options

Firstly let me clarify my understanding of your "front" camera. That to most peeps is your "Selfie" camera. Yes?

Right, assuming we correctly understand each other, I have a very similar problem with my S10.

My phone lives, permanently, in a hard case that has a narrow / thin flexible plastic nest for the phone to clip into.

When clipped in, all selfies are totally out of focus.  After a load of head scratching and fiddling about I realised that if I eased the top of the phone out of its case nest the image instantly returned to razor sharp focus. The nest is nowhere near the height of the screen thickness although it does very slightly impinge on it.

A bit of a nuisance but as in not a selfie addict it's no more than that.

I hope this is of some use to you and others.

View solution in context

17 REPLIES 17
AndrewL
Options
@Snoopystu: Have you tried tapping the screen on the point you want to focus on? If you dial *#0*# into your telephone keypad and select 'Front Cam', is it still out of focus?
0 Likes
Snoopystu
Navigator
Options
Done the *#0*# and the camera was loads better but go back in to normal camera and the screen just keeps trying to focus again
0 Likes
AndrewL
Options
@Snoopystu: That suggests that we're dealing with a software issue rather than a hardware one. Did you have any luck with tapping the screen to force focus? If you go to Settings > Apps > Camera > Storage > Clear Cache and restart the phone, do you notice an improvement?

If not then please can you restart the phone in Safe Mode to disable any third party apps, then try the front facing camera. If it focuses as expected then restart the phone and remove any recently installed apps.

Turn the device off > Press and hold the Power key > Release the Power key when the S10 logo appears > Press and hold the Volume Down key immediately after releasing the Power key > Continue to hold the Volume Down button until the device finishes booting.
0 Likes
Snoopystu
Navigator
Options
Just tried all your suggestions and none of them worked
0 Likes
Snoopystu
Navigator
Options
Just tried the *#0*# again and the camera is slightly blurred but no where near as bad as when i try the front camera in normal mode
0 Likes
Solution
AndrewL
Options
If the whole image is blurred (assuming you're not in Live Focus mode, which provides a blur effect) then I recommend visiting a Support Centre near you where an engineer can inspect the device. To find your nearest one, please check the link below, select Mobile Device and enter your post code.

http://www.samsung.com/uk/support/servicelocation
0 Likes
Snoopystu
Navigator
Options
Ok, thank you for your help
I have checked your link and found an EE store in my city
0 Likes
Solution
Gonfishin
Journeyman
Options

Firstly let me clarify my understanding of your "front" camera. That to most peeps is your "Selfie" camera. Yes?

Right, assuming we correctly understand each other, I have a very similar problem with my S10.

My phone lives, permanently, in a hard case that has a narrow / thin flexible plastic nest for the phone to clip into.

When clipped in, all selfies are totally out of focus.  After a load of head scratching and fiddling about I realised that if I eased the top of the phone out of its case nest the image instantly returned to razor sharp focus. The nest is nowhere near the height of the screen thickness although it does very slightly impinge on it.

A bit of a nuisance but as in not a selfie addict it's no more than that.

I hope this is of some use to you and others.

JW17
First Poster
Options

None of these trouble shooting ideas actually worked for me. So I figured the adjuster got stuck, so I tapped the phone on a hard surface on both sides and the camera adjuster came unstuck and it focuses perfectly now... one last idea before you pay to have it "fixed"