Support

Open search

S10+ Camera, not really "professional" at all....

Explorer

Exciting times. Really really hope they fix this. It takes great videos in day light, but night time/ indoor videos is not so good. I watched all the S10 videos on YouTube when it came out and none of the YouTube reviewers filmed in low light. Weird to omit that since we take a lot of video and photos indoors.

Explorer
Yeah I think the marketing has been clever by Samsung and the 'reviewers'
Explorer

Really great phone this is turning out to be! Sarcasm!..... Not happy at all Samsung!!

My note 8 has better quality pictures day and night 🌃 and no preorder bonus and poor battery 🔋 

Did I mention the terrible camera quality at night, I don't even attempt taking pictures at night on this phone so been using my note 8 again! And I'm serious 😂 I was meant to be selling it! 

Why did I get this?? No one with a P30 Pro even wants to swap with me anywhere grrr 

So currently stuck with this "amazing" new phone.....

Fisky
Apprentice
Give us the option to add the video recording button in photo modes. Switching to video has a 1-2 sec delay that causes missed moments...
Explorer
Fix Samsung. I am scared they have a crappy lens due to cost cutting to having so many cameras. If the lens is no good, no processing resolves it. Wonder if I can return the phone as it was not as described!
Explorer
Yes they took away the best featurem also miss the front and rear camera working at the same time on the s7 edge. Why do they take ways the best features and give us ones that arent so useful.
Navigator

Why can't anyone from Samsung reply to this issue?! What is even the sense of this whole samsung forum/community? Theres's little to none useful responses from the Samsung "Care Team". Most of the replies are "Please tell us the IMEI/serial number" "Please reboot into safe mode..." These replies are not helpful at all! It's the software most probably. It would be way more helpful when you forward these issues to Samsung directly, and make some pressure on them. It's so dissapointing since I always lived Samsung smartphones for their cameras. 

First Poster
Total Agree with you mate the camera sucks on S10 plus i wasted my money too
First Poster

Sorry....didnt had any time to update the post as i have a 5 month baby and taking a bit of time from us. Anyway i did return the Phone as camera was still..."suckky" ..and i managed to get myself the new Huawei P30...which...takes great photos...and has a lot more to offer compared to the samsung...hey...i mean...samsung is samsung...but...for me...the comparisson was, Battery, Camera, OS smoothness, Phone features...

As a comparisson - 
Battery - Huawei clear winner and by a 1000 miles...after more than usuall usage, (browsing, phone calls on speaker phone, photos, videos)the battery was more than 50% at the end of day...
Camera - well..we all know how the S10+ is...so...Huawei  ...it is literally..uncomparible...although...samsung had more camera features and even though Huawei has pretty much the same ones...still on the samsung, there was "focus" shot which on Huawei exists indeed, but ...not like the samsung camera....samsung camera was better on that mode...
OS Smoothness - cant complain on the Huawei...really really smooth and fast..havent got any complaint on that (I own another Huawei..Mate 10 and that one even after 2 years almost of usage...still fast...really fast....so the new Huawei is great...Dont know about samsung but i know that with the samsung phones, they tend to slow down after a couple of months/1 year or so...we will see what the new One OS will have to say later...

OS features - well..what i like about the huawei..is that you can literally customise everything...i mean...pretty much what i needed anyways...cant really go into depth into that comparisson as i havent had enough time to play with the S10 + but....anyways....as a conclusion... Samsung needs to address these and do this proper or they will lose customers...and its really sad ..because there were so many Apple users which stopped using apple and switche to "android"...mostly probably samsung...but now...of course ..it depends on everyone's needs....I wasnt happy..so i returned the phone... and prior to that i had ordered the Pixel 3...standard ..not XL....and..returned that next day..because...really....most useless phone ever..really ...cant customise anything..."clean android OS" my.... If you cant customise it to your needs...why advertise it at being the "best"...when clearly its not...and by MILES...Google does one thing..and that they do....to the limits of impossible....the camera software...They are lucky because of that...because the camera hardware is not that great...the software and the AI used by the phones camera...is just beyond any phone manucaturer ...like literaly by years.....

Anyways...Good luck and hope that Samsung fixes these issues for the users that wanted to keep their S10/S10+ as this is really sad and dissapointing...

Cheers and catch you guys later...

Explorer

I must be the lucky one, I love the camera, I upgraded from an s7 edge and the quality of both videos and photos is amazing, the depth of view makes the photos ive taken look like 3D, This one was taken through a glass screen4 bridges.jpg

Top Liked Authors