Support

Open search

S10+ Camera, not really "professional" at all....

Explorer

Yes same problem. Very grainy noisy photo and video at night time. Just annoyed as spent time customising phone. Also lost trust with what Samsung say now. Marketing hype. Also the finger print reader is so slow. Rather have the old sensor at back. This finger print reader is like the 1st gen. Stabilization is the same as my s9 really. Only pros is wide angle and 4k front camera.  Have till Thursday to return phone! I think the lens quality is poor. I am a professional photographer using canon full frame and I know  a lot about image quality. It is appears the isolation is on 32000 or something.even 64000!

Navigator

Guys, watch 'parker welbeck's channel on YouTube, he's released a video shot on an unreleased phone and that's just AMAZING!!   

I think its time to move on, I have had enough with S10

Apprentice

Returned my S10+ yesterday. I will miss it bc it was amazing phone, even the ultrasonic reader was working perfectly finef for me but the camera was crappy. Im happy with my OnePlus 6T now. 

Wake up Samsung and work on your postprocessing. Its really bad, garbage.

Navigator

You have made the right decision, I'm loving the FP scanner and screen but this cam has got me really annoyed, I'm returning my phone this Friday 

Navigator

Yes, the phone Parker is using is undoubtedly the P30 Pro which is going to slay Samsung here

Which is gutting as looking back at my S7e, it was untouchable in all regards......photos were breathtaking. The S10 is a major disappointment with regards to the camera as it really brought nothing to the table whereas the competition have just sprinted ahead.

Navigator

Exactly my thoughts too, and for HDR videos I’m sure Xperia1 will up the game so Samusung will only be playing catch up in the coming years, the issue is Samsung’s AI is nowhere close to the competition and needless to say the post processing sucks. 

Explorer

I can't cancel my contract as I've used the data... are you all outwith the UK? I'm stuck with S10 now  

Navigator

Can you not tell them it’s a buggy camera, I’m not sure how the contract works. I’m happy to stick around and see if software updates improve the situation but see they have 5G model releasing on Apr 05, and A90 releasing shortly so I don’t think Samsung will solely focus on S series, just my opinion. You may as well try gcam ports (sad it has come to this on a £900 phone) 

Explorer
I've decided to keep it.
Explorer

Big update coming folks. Hopefully put us on par with the Pixel & Huawei with a night mode update. 

Check out @UniverseIce’s Tweet: https://twitter.com/UniverseIce/status/1116607791735566336?s=09

Top Liked Authors