Support

Open search

S10+ Camera, not really "professional" at all....

Explorer

GUYS GUYS GUYS. Just found out a nice way to use the wide angle camera without HDR.

Using VSCO app, when tapping on the camera front/back switch icon, you can cycle through wide angle, regular and selfie camera. You can set the app to auto save the image to the camera roll, and to automatically open in camera mode.

If you set the custom button to open VSCO, you have a quick way to take full res pictures withot the annoying HDR effect

This camera cycle works in the same way for whatsapp, and maybe other third party apps.

Navigator

OK, having spent full 10 days and comparing this S10 PLUS camera with various phones including S6, yes S6, I can now say SAMSUNG CANNOT fix camera issues pertaining to over exposure, lack of clarity, literally useless panorama and cartoonish smudgy low light photos

- simply Samsung's post processing algorithm is not up to the mark, bright night is just a joke and oppo takes better pictures

- I was initially wowed by steady shot but man, the loss of detail and the amount of cropping happening, I would rather live with a shaky video

- panorama - there's nothing to write

- low light 9/10 times its smudgy 

- a ported APK from gcam does a better job, which leaves us with a question 

'Does this phone deserve 1000$ price tag when the most critical of all - camera is not up to the mark'? Would Samsung listen to consumers this time around and provide a substantial software update in the coming weeks?

You know what will happen, they will only release stability fixes and then port some Note10 tricks over to S10 when note 10 is out and call it amazing. With Exynos variants the issue is even more apparent

Explorer
Exynos variant is a mess compare to the snapdragon less powerful bad processing camera software, but the post processing is the worst software of flagship for a big brand that praises his POWERFUL REAR and FRONT camera that just the same as before with some trick nothing has been done ! DJ Koh should supervise that before losing to lunch customer
Navigator

Hello fellow S10 squad,

Having spent full 10 days and comparing this S10 PLUS camera with various phones including S6, yes S6, what i strongly feel is SAMSUNG CANNOT fix camera issues pertaining to over exposure, lack of clarity, panorama and cartoonish smudgy low light selfies and always on beauty mode

- simply Samsung's post processing algorithm is not up to the mark (mi and Oppo fared better in some scenarios), bright night is pointless

- I was initially wowed by steady shot but man, the loss of detail and the amount of cropping happening, I would rather live with a shaky video

- panorama - there's nothing to write

- low light 9/10 times its smudgy 

- a ported APK from gcam does a better job, which leaves us with a question 

'Does this phone deserve 1000$ price tag when the most critical of all - camera is not up to the mark'? Would Samsung listen to consumers this time around and provide a substantial software update in the coming weeks? Don't get me wrong I have been a big fan of Sammy and I was hoping the long standing issues like beauty mode, over exposure, loss of details and a decent AI would be fixed but NO is the answer from Samsung

You know what will happen, they will only release stability fixes and then port some Note10 tricks over to S10 camera when note 10 is out and that's about it.

Sorry for this long message but my frustration comes from the fact that this is 10th anniversary phone and a great cam would have been a killer

Navigator

@Flowall wrote:
Exynos variant is a mess compare to the snapdragon less powerful bad processing camera software, but the post processing is the worst software of flagship for a big brand that praises his POWERFUL REAR and FRONT camera that just the same as before with some trick nothing has been done ! DJ Koh should supervise that before losing to lunch customer

Well said 👍

Explorer

My s9 plus takes better  night videos. This is the worst night time video experience ever. Thinking of returning phone. Go back to the s9 plus. Only good thing is wide angle and 4k front. But no go pro standard in stability of footage. Who watches video at 1080p?

Explorer

Had this phone for a week. Definitely poor quality video. Wonder if the lens is poorer quality compared to s9 plus

Navigator

I totally agree with you, planning to return the mobile as I don’t have much hope on software updates

Explorer

Been scouting net and YouTube. No one covers video at night. Must be paid a lot to talk about the phone. The phone has incremental updates I am afraid . I feel conned by the clever marketing. Plus Europe edition, processor is not as good as snap dragon as I hear.

Navigator

When S10 was leaked in the wild a few months it was claimed that a Samsung employee said ‘cam is only an incremental update and FP scanner maybe make or break deal’ I should have steered clear now I’m not getting proper support to return my mobile either. 

Regarding your point on Exynos, yes you are spot on. SD variant is much better and this Exynos sucks. Would you believe a 1000$ phone has a substandard processor and why this different treatment? I don’t believe in benchmarks as they mean nothing to an average user, I tried both SD and Exynos, thanks to my friend, and it’s clear video editing photo editing and 4K recording looks better with SD. 

Top Liked Authors