Support

Open search

S10+ Camera, not really "professional" at all....

Apprentice

Did a few indoor tests today vs my iPhone 6s. Hardly any difference and although the 6s had more grain, it retained the details way better. My S10e just smoothed everything way to much. I love the phone but the camera is a huge disappointment. Seriously thinking about eBay right now.

Navigator

@flippyfloop wrote:

Did a few indoor tests today vs my iPhone 6s. Hardly any difference and although the 6s had more grain, it retained the details way better. My S10e just smoothed everything way to much. I love the phone but the camera is a huge disappointment. Seriously thinking about eBay right now.

I know right!? I have an Iphone 6s and exchanged it to s10e. s10e looks like there is a permanent cartoon filter on. Like less details were captured and textures than on iPhone 6s. Dont get me started on the down right broken autofocus.

Explorer
With all the complaints I see in this thread. What phone would you choose instead of the S10?
First Poster

Pixel 4's announcement is due in a couple of months. 3a's camera is astonishing and despite its limited power, it's half the price of S10.

OnePlus is extremely promising and Huawei P30 Pro is a killer, especially if the Android drama gets resolved. So competition is definitely around, but we wouldn't be having that conversation unless hundreds of people have been complaining loudly here about the camera software failures (and who knows how many tens of thousands simply haven't spoken yet).

P.S. I just received "An Unexpected Error has occurred." while posting so reporting a problem is not even trivial.

Apprentice

I'm looking at selling my S10e this week and probably getting the Pixel 3a as I want the headphone jack and a decent reliable camera. It will take a lot for me to buy a Samsung phone again.

First Poster

Hi everybody, someone have stabile version G cam for s10 exynos? I need to make selfies is more better.

Navigator

I would say wait for Oct/Nov update which will bring improved post processing, HDR and Front cam night mode to S10 series. LiveFocus Video might make its way too

Navigator
Where did you get this info?
Superuser I
Superuser I

There  was word on a  Night Mode which has rolled out in US  https://www.sammobile.com/news/sprint-galaxy-s10-night-mode-june-update/

Some info on future change log in Samsung Members App:

Screenshot_20190818-222737_Samsung Members.jpg

Navigator

@Vetri where did you get this info?

Top Liked Authors