Support

Open search

S10+ Camera, not really "professional" at all....

Navigator
Sorry but you guys messed up the image processing. In any other situation but broad daylight, the results are horrible: oil paint cartoonish effect, especially on skin tones, heavy noise reduction that completely destroy fine details...
Navigator
Quite curious...their GS8 lineup has a better camera than this one. even the GS7 takes better photos. Haven't they learned that compressing the h*** out of the images produces garbage quality??
First Poster

It's not just the S10. 

My Note 9 has been failing me big time for 8 months now. 

The default brightness is way, way over the top. I have to manually, every time, tap and hold on a focus point, wait for the brightness applet, and bring it down to nearly 5%. Colors are washed out at best. Evening or night photos? I don't even bother. 

I have a second $300 Blackberry phone that's just crushing Note's camera (not really hard).

I just adore the phone. But I got into photography JUST because of the Note.

Navigator
Yes, Note 9 and Galaxy S9+ has the same problems. The problem is that Samsung is not able to implement the correct software behaviour/settings for the dual aperture camera function. In extreme conditions both apertures perform better then a camera with single aperture (1. 5 for very dark conditions and 2.4 for very bright conditions). But Samsung has big problems with all the conditions and setting for everything between very dark en very bright lightning.
Navigator

@AntS, hi, two weeks later, any news yet? 

Apprentice

I think that last update has helped with night mode. So I'm now happy with the kite light photos. Wish we could change few things. 

1. We need to be able to do pro mode on all 3 cameras. 

2. Why can we only do 10s shutter speed? Most phones allow 30s. For a light trail you really need longer than 10 seconds. 

AntS Moderator

Hi @Rooverz. Only some back-and-forth discussion between us and the developer so far. I'll keep you posted on the outcome.

Prince_Community_Sig03.jpg

Say "Hello!" to the Community in The Introduce Yourself Thread.

Apprentice

@AntS

Any news on the HDR bug? Are they aware? 

AntS Moderator

Hi all.

I think more info is required to get some movement on this one.

Can more of you European-based S10 guys who are experiencing the same thing as Rooverz (pictures taken in medium/indoor light that have a lack of sharpness and/or grainy look) send error reports with log files and relevant pics showing the issue via the Members app?

Ideally, we're looking for clear, and obvious comparison between which of the photos have been taken with Auto Mode and which with Pro Mode.

@Poncke , The developers haven't answered us about the HDR. I'm going to see if us raising it separately with them prompts a response on it though. Similarly to the above issue, if you (and others experiencing the same thing) send log files and as much relevant info as you can via the Members app error reporting it'd help with that. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just a reminder to anyone who needs it:

Members > Get Help > Send Feedback > Error Reports > [select error type] > attach a description and tick ‘send system log data’ > Send.

Also, like a forum thread, relevant key words in the title/description help the software team more easily locate those error reports at their end.

Prince_Community_Sig03.jpg

Say "Hello!" to the Community in The Introduce Yourself Thread.

Explorer
Top Liked Authors