Support

Open search

S10+ Camera, not really "professional" at all....

Highlighted
Voyager

Hello everyone,

I have just updated to new Android 10 and UI2. TBH cant see a lick of difference in anything (UI, camera or otherwise). I will test the camera next few days if anything improved.

If it didnt I plan to submit a small report to Samsung dev team via the Members app. I will also refer to this thread so they can see that I am not the only one.

I suggest:
1. Download the new Android 10 and IU2 and test the camera yourself. Report back to us here.

2. if you have the time to open the Members app and file a report regarding the camera. (copy paste the link to this thread too)

Highlighted
Explorer

Not sure if this helps at all but I bought a Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ yesterday to replace my Galaxy S10+, the camera system on the note 10 is fantastic so I have a feeling its more hardware related as in the cameras they used in the S10 phones, 

The Note 10+ cameras are absolutely amazing and all pictures look night and day different!? 

Fisky
Highlighted
Explorer

Screenshot_20191210-125938_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20191210-125942_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20191210-125949_Gallery.jpg

Fisky
Highlighted
Apprentice

Fisky - Aren't the camera lenses the same as the S10 series? I'd be curious as to why the output would be significantly improved on the Note 10+ unless there were software processing differences.

Highlighted
Voyager

@DKowalsky2 wrote:

Fisky - Aren't the camera lenses the same as the S10 series? I'd be curious as to why the output would be significantly improved on the Note 10+ unless there were software processing differences.

They are the same Hardware all across the s10 models. Except where s10e doesn't get 3rd telephoto camera. 

I watched some comparisons s10 with Snapdragon vs Exynos. There is a noticeable difference with Snap

Highlighted
Navigator
I think ik mostly software related. One big issue is that the camera stays very long on f2.4 and not switches to f1. 5 for usage in medium lighting conditions.
Highlighted
Observer

Agreed. I had an S8 before the 10+. When I took pictures of my dobe, I could zoom in an see every line of his hair. Now it seems like "Beauty" is on, it is blurry and drives me nuts. 

Highlighted
Apprentice

Exactly s7 edge to s10 plus

Now repenting ever since fighting with Samsung to refund or replace camera lens. But even in warranty they wont. They are making excuses. They are wasting my time for warranty to get over on March 2020. 10 years of Samsung loyalty and now finally I will have to switch. 

Sadly samsung has no value for its loyal customers.. 

I have issues

Camera both front n back compared with a50 and also one plus 5 I have

LTE data

Screen now looks yellow Jan 2020 10 months of usage.

Touch is little squeaky I dont know but its been ever since march 2019 I have so many spell mistakes while typing is it just me or all. As touch is not the same as s7 edge. So mostly i will type wrong and auto correct will correct. Like  type x for c in the above spelling too. 

Highlighted

you doing somthing wrong

Highlighted
Explorer

Ok this will hopefully be my last comment on this as i am truly sick of it.

I have thousands of pictures saved to Google photos from various holidays over the years, taken on various cameras and phones. Phone pics have been from the S2, S3, S5, S7, S8 and now the S10E.

Returned from holiday last Saturday and uploaded the pictures to Google Photos and got round to looking at them last night.

Those taken outside in bright light  are fine but those taken in various pubs and restaurants are pathetic.

They are being displayed on a 55 inch OLED screen and are visibly worse than the S7 and S8.

They are not as sharp, the skin in loads of pics looks waxy, almost doll like.

Even my wife sitting beside me commented how bad they were.

So as for the comment before saying doing somethign wrong, ehhh, thanks but i don't think so.

The software on this camera is too focussed on processing pics rather than just displaying them as taken.

Suffice to say, i dont care about how many mega pixels or levels of zoom are promised on the S20, i really feel that Samsung has lost its way with the camera on a phone.

I had got rid of several Panasonic cameras i had as i was pretty happy with the pics i got from my S8 and it saved carrying both about.

Will definitely belooking at different brands when it comes to getting rid of this.

Whats also quite defining is my wife, who normally takes my old phones when i renew has stated she does not want this one, enough said.

Top Liked Authors