Support

Open search

S10+ Camera, not really "professional" at all....

Pathfinder

As long as we complain (or the b-word) to the relevant places/threads we can do something about it. Like I said communicate this issue to them on this thread

https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/Galaxy-S10e-S10-S10-S10-5G/Un-Official-quot-Suggestion-Thread-qu...

(its their suggestion/feature page)

I think that us just venting in to this thread to each other has very little to no effect in reality.

Explorer
Posted in the new place
Pathfinder
I saw it and gave it a like. I gave all of you a like there. With more likes we also draw more attention. All, feel free to upvote anyone there who complained about the camera on the last 3 pages.
First Poster

@Arya1999 wrote:

The pictures my S10 takes are ***** compared to those of my Note 4, S8 and S7. So no, I won't stop "whining". WE won't stop "whining". Just because you seem to have the single miracle S10 doesn't mean everybody else is wrong.

thanks!

Navigator

Sorry Dude, but Arya is right. I have compared photos taken with Pixel 2XL, Oneplus 7, iphone 11 S10 and now, Note 10. Samsung has a real problem with the image processing algorithms, for years now, and they did nothing to fix it. I always keep wondering who was that ***** engineer that decided to take the great camera SW from the Galaxy S8 for example, and change it to this garbage that we have on the newer models?

Even Apple, in all their ignorance, finally managed to fix their poor processing camera stuff that was introduced with IOS10 and the iphone 7 and lasted until the iphone XS when they started to fix things, and now, with the 11 the camera is fine again...I doubt Samsung does not have one, ONE at least, engineer that sees the complete mess that their camera software is right now...because if there isn't anyone there to notice, I really advise them to take a medical examination of their vision.

Explorer

I still can't believe this thread is still going on with people moaning .

The phone has been out since March, do you really think anything major is going to change on the camera system? No it won't, I'm in the beta for the new software releasing soon and the camera is just the same but I'm used to the camera and use my phone for a lot more than the camera. 

For this camera "issue" to be fixed will need a new model which will be the S11 in a few months time, the S10's will get software updates but as you can tell by now nothing major will change on the cameras. 

I love my S10 and accepted a long time ago some of the camera system isn't great but a few parts such as live focus create fantastic looking pictures. 

Fisky
Superuser I
Superuser I

@paulfisk83  I agree that unlikely there will be any major changes to the camera and using some settings can produce the desired results.   However think that  members should feel free to express their opinions, preferably  constructively.   One's moan may be  to another raising an important point.   It would be a good idea though to  send input via the Members app.

The camera is not the biggest attraction for the S10 to me personally either, however others may have a different view.

Explorer

@roastedwookie wrote:

Sorry Dude, but Arya is right. I have compared photos taken with Pixel 2XL, Oneplus 7, iphone 11 S10 and now, Note 10. Samsung has a real problem with the image processing algorithms, for years now, and they did nothing to fix it. I always keep wondering who was that ***** engineer that decided to take the great camera SW from the Galaxy S8 for example, and change it to this garbage that we have on the newer models?

Even Apple, in all their ignorance, finally managed to fix their poor processing camera stuff that was introduced with IOS10 and the iphone 7 and lasted until the iphone XS when they started to fix things, and now, with the 11 the camera is fine again...I doubt Samsung does not have one, ONE at least, engineer that sees the complete mess that their camera software is right now...because if there isn't anyone there to notice, I really advise them to take a medical examination of their vision.

I'm sure you can go to another manufacturer if Samsung is sooooo bad... 

Fisky
Explorer

@JAMES4578 wrote:

@paulfisk83  I agree that unlikely there will be any major changes to the camera and using some settings can produce the desired results.   However think that  members should feel free to express their opinions, preferably  constructively.   One's moan may be  to another raising an important point.   It may though make more sense to use the Suggestions thread or send input via the Members app.

The camera is not the biggest attraction for the S10 to me personally either, however others may have a different view.

I agree 👍🏿 

The battery is the worst issue for me at the moment being on the beta release software so hoping they improve that. 

The camera for me does what it says on the tin, do I wish it offered more with the ability to zoom in like the P30? Yeah but I knew this phone couldn't do that before I bought it as I tried it in the shop......

I really think a lot of people moan for the sake of my moaning, give someone a camera they want the earth and more, its a phone with a camera as an additional feature.,if you want to be a professional photographer go buy a £1000 camera with the proper lenses, don't use a phone! 👏 

Fisky
Explorer

Hi there i have had Samsung cameras since S2 i think it was and each time a newer phone came out i would say that the camera has improved. I moved to the S10 from S8 and i believe the quality of pictures it takes is considerably worse than the S8 especially in low light, not dark, not night mode type shots just general artificial light.

I like the convenience of there being a decent camera on my phone as it saves me carrying a separate camera about with me.

When reading the advertising blurbs for the S10 i don't recall it saying it had a half decent camera, the actual wording in its advert is that it puts pro grade cameras in your pocket, their words, not mine.

I appreciate you may be happy enough with the camera, for the price i have paid and what their advertising said, i am not.

I definitely think it is an inferior camera that could potentially be fixed by software.

What amazes me even more is that the leaks now coming out for S11 are talking about 108 megapixel camera, seriously, what kind of junk is that, total overkill on a number.

Anyway my final point, and this is my opinion, i will not buy another Samsung phone.

If you are happy with yours then it obviously meets your needs and that is fine, i am disappointed with it and with hindsight i would not have bought it.

Cheers, have a great weekend.