Support

Open search

S10+ Camera, not really "professional" at all....

Navigator

Hi 

A friend of mine with Samsung Support, he hinted night mode coming to S10 well before and it happened so I’m hoping these features make their way to S10 too. 

Navigator
I hope youre friends is right, because is some lighting conditions the picture quality is very bad.
Navigator

lol I’m hoping too, else I will make sure he gets what he deserves and then exchange this phone for 3a which takes better photos for half the price. I’m not happy about the way Samsung rushed a few things with S10 series, no UFS 3, no improved post processing, all of these could have been done with S10 but too many flagships results in Samsung deciding to differentiate Note from S series and deliberately leave out certain elements which is not great for a 1000 Euro smartphone 

Apprentice

I am extremly, extremly disapointed by the S10+ camera and sooo sad. I have an old A5 (2016) which I was hoping to replace with S10+. To be honest, the camera on the A5 takes better (sharper) photos compared with the S10+. Can you believe that?! Even pictures taken with natural light are really grainy and over-processed. I'm a pro makeup artist and I bought S10+ for taking pictures of my brides. I've made a big & expensive mistake and I don't know what to do. I feel tricked and fooled by Samsung. They promised me "The next generation camera that lets you shoot like a pro without being a pro". This is the bigges lie ever!!!!!!

Apprentice

@KaRoca wrote:

I am extremly, extremly disapointed by the S10+ camera and sooo sad. I have an old A5 (2016) which I was hoping to replace with S10+. To be honest, the camera on the A5 takes better (sharper) photos compared with the S10+. Can you believe that?! Even pictures taken with natural light are really grainy and over-processed. I'm a pro makeup artist and I bought S10+ for taking pictures of my brides. I've made a big & expensive mistake and I don't know what to do. I feel tricked and fooled by Samsung. They promised me "The next generation camera that lets you shoot like a pro without being a pro". This is the bigges lie ever!!!!!!

I'm posting some comparison shots with the A5 & S10+ so you can see what I mean.Samsung S10+-01.jpeg

Samsung A5-01.jpeg

Navigator
Sell it and buy a Pixel 4 when it launches. Had the same problems with my ex s10: poor details, over processing, terrible skin tones and overall lack of quality indoors, mid and low light
Apprentice

@KaRoca I think what you are saying is related to the fact that the HDR function is always on. In good light the image quality is very good. I am a semi professional photographer and the camera on the S10 is very good, just not in low light and the HDR is alway on in high contrasting situations. Your photos are an example of HDR on. Nothing to do with image quality in normal light conditions. 

Apprentice

@Poncke thank you for your reply. This was not a low light situation. She was sitting in front of the window because I always need a lot of daylight for doing clients makeup. 
Apprentice

Yes, what you are seeing is the HDR bug, where HDR is always activated in high contrast situations. Take that shot again with the camera in Pro mode and you will see the difference. The background is quite dark and the white strips on the dress are on the other end of the histogram. 

First Poster

I have to agree my old Samsung Galaxy S8 took the clearest and most amazing low light pics I've ever seen in any camera I have ever owned. I first noticed when I was in my bedroom watching TV, how it would adjust itself moving it around the room on auto picture taking it was unreal how clear and bright it was. I eventually traded that in for the S9 Plus and now I have the S10 Plus, I don't know why they didn't keep the camera quality the same. Even with the newest update which included night mode, I still noticed my S10 Plus looks fuzzy in a dim room. I just took a few pictures with night mode which automatically Zooms in when you select it, then Auto picture taking which zooms in by itself also. Both of them look fuzzy and do not adjust to light and color the way that my S8 did. And also my S8 was around $300 less and I bought it new, my S10 plus was $1000.00 minus the trade in value. I'm not saying that it doesn't take beautiful pictures outside when I went to the Adirondack mountains in New York, the landscape pictures I took looked very professional, especially for taking them in full screen mode which normally looked fuzzy in the S8 and S9 Plus. They are now for sale online. Hopefully there are further updates for the camera that improve this issue. 

Top Liked Authors