Support

Open search

S10+ Camera, not really "professional" at all....

Explorer
Also just to be clear on my rear glass cracking while on charge... I've REALLY looked after this phone just like all my others, it was on my table on charge while I was getting dinner ready, it was always in my sight. I heard a strange noise which I knew was from the phone. When I went to check it over it felt warm like normal when on charge, when I went to check the rear cameras (as I always make sure they are clean) I noticed a hairline crack in a wavy pattern which looks like it started from the side where the front cameras are but on the back, it originated right on the curve that joins to the metal (or plastic?) frame in the middle of the device. It would appear to me that the front and back are under too much pressure on the edges because of the curved screen and glass, there's nowhere for heat expansion other than cracking to release pressure. I could be wrong on my guess with the expansion idea but I was there when the whole thing happened and it was bizarre. I've had a Samsung Galaxy S5, S6, S7 Edge, Note 8 and this Galaxy S10+ I dropped my Note 8 lots of times over the years I've had it and all I have is a little crack in one corner on the back where it fell out my pocket from my car onto the road without a case! Still working perfectly and there was no hairline cracks with that indicating to me that is a much much stronger device! I'm sure most of us look after our devices so much, I always treat mine so carefully so for this to happen while it was just charging is terrible. It is going on social media, reddit and xda forums later along with my Instagram profile as I will be getting this issue out there ASAP.
Fisky
Explorer

Screenshot_20190616-141907_Messenger.jpgCrack while on charge....

Screenshot_20190616-141918_Messenger.jpgS10+

Screenshot_20190616-141940_Messenger.jpgIn comparison my Note 8 almost two years old, one corner crack from falling from my car with no case more than 5ft onto concrete!

Fisky
AntS Moderator

Hi all.

It’s best for the developers to have a look at each specific camera issue individually (at least initially).

If you haven’t done so already, can you use the Members app to send error reports on the relevant issue you're experiencing to the software team with: log files, relevant info (e.g. if the issue is with the rear or front camera), along with photos demonstrating the specific issue?

Members app > Get Help > Send Feedback > Error Reports > [select error type] > attach a description, and any other info/files, and tick ‘send system log data’ > Send.

Prince_Community_Sig03.jpg

Say "Hello!" to the Community in The Introduce Yourself Thread.

AntS Moderator

Hi @paulfisk83, Your last posts strayed a little off-topic for the thread there... but it's best to get your phone examined at your nearest Samsung Support Centre.

Navigator

Hi @AntS, I have done so allready, but nothing is wrong with the hardware. I have several S10 devices (me, wife, collugue, friend), and they perform exactly the same. As you can see in the pictures I have posted, the S10 can take decent pictures if you manually change all settings on pro mode.

The problem is that the software in auto mode is not written correctly, so it chooses the wrong settings in indoor/medium lightning conditions. I have read this on many forums. I also read a lot of replies on my photos that they have exactly the same issue.

Can you make a internal report on this and sent it to the correct samsung team? 

Navigator

But I'm not getting any error messages, it just takes blah or bad pictures (depending on the light).

AntS Moderator

@Rooverz , Cool - cheers. 

And I did let our software team know about this one. The developers would need to analyse the software logs of what’s going on for you guys during each of the relevant camera operations, along with the associated photo results. The more info they have from more users, the more it'll help them make any appropriate adjustments/fixes on the software going forwards.

Your insight seems most relevant and sensible.

Cameras takes great photos but the inside shots taken needs improvement on auto.

Lighting is an issue.

Any brightness in backgrounds tends to glare and not give real life replicas of image taken.

Navigator

@AntS

I did a lot of alpha and beta testing before. 

Can you please be more specific in the desired information and how to deliver the diffent logs and photos? 

For example:

- foto 1, indoor, setting auto, take photo, make logfile, reset Camera app

-foto 2, indoor, manual control (f1. 5 rest on auto), take photo, make logfile, reset camera app

AntS Moderator

@Rooverz , One of my software team colleagues may have found the error report you sent (it matches the photos you posted earlier in this thread), and it has some good info on it. 

And actually pretty close with the best steps there!

- Photo 1, indoor, setting auto, take photo, reset Camera app

- Photo 2, indoor, manual control (f1. 5 rest on auto), take photo

(etc.)

- Make logfile

Top Liked Authors