Support

Open search

S10+ Camera, not really "professional" at all....

Highlighted
First Poster

Got my S10+ preordered and got it on the 8th of March. Splendid phone, display, battery life... but when testing the camera..i can say that i am disapointed beyond any form of recovery... even with the 3 cameras on the back....it really cant match other phones...and that in a bad way... I have a Galaxy S8, which i was hoping to replace it with this S10+, but to be honest...the camera on the S8 takes better photos by far compared with the s10+...not talking about low lighting, or any fancy stuff..just talking about a standard photo of my 4 month old child...yes...lighting is definately better...but ..overall capturing "moving" subject and colour replication...is way way way way better on the S8...Even normal pictures taken with natural light are really like grainy...like ISO is used way too much and even with the F1.5 at 1/500 and iso 800  (pro mode) pictures are so grainy...and really dark and that is with natural light...not studio or anything...(btw..i am also a professional photographer and i know my "sh...t")

so i am now thinking of returning back the S10+ as the main reason i got the phone was to have a great camera and photo experience....

Really Really dissapointed because of that.. and maybe you think that it is something software related with the new Samsung One OS that came out...nope..upgraded the S8 to that also...and still way way way better pictures..althought the normal OS before the Samsung one that i had on the S8 was still better when it came to taking photos videos...

Any thoughts or anyone experienced this ?

269 REPLIES 269
Voyager

Sorry to hear that. I'm feeling pretty pumped at the moment with mine. Of course I'm not a pro just a hobbyist. I made a video on Saturday which I've posted in another thread here

"A video I made..." thread

Just a total newbie and I'm over the moon with it. The selfie video so stable (without a gimbal) its incredible

I only walked around with it on a gorilla pod in my hand and it felt like having a BBC cameraman walking around with me Haha!

Probably for a pro it's not good enough but I'm super excited at the family stuff and little video stories I'm going to make

Voyager
Meant to ask can you show some comparison shots with the S8 (God I loved my S8) so we can see what you mean?

I'm just interested to see what a pro sees so I can look for it and learn from it
Voyager
I used the wide angle lens yesterday in doors at a party and well impressed how near I was and what it captured
Apprentice

I could not agree more on camera images. For me it totaly lacks the sharpness even in normal light conditions.

Video is full of noise when recordin indoors. I have compared it with my friend who has Iphone 7 PLUS.... yes 7 ....

I am almost sure the camera app software is bad. I have seen some pictures on youtube taken with Google Camera app installed on S10+ and the different is masive. Especialy when using nightsight. 

SAMSUNG please do something about that camera app !!!

Explorer

Seriously why are you again  using this software post processing  camera !! It's  horrible Samsung it's too soft on front camera and rear camera even with beautiful  mode off!  It's unacceptable  this camera need big improvement  there is lack of detail, too much soft on picture, contrast is missing. Old phone like my iphone and pixel and s8 make better picture than this s10 + please work with Google camera software you software is really  bad every  reviews / YouTube review said that the picture are ok but not better than any  other phone...

And the night what is this ?? The picture at night look bad no night  mode ? Samsung you need to work on the camera before to be  forgot. It's one of your  négative  side  for lot of people.Screenshot_20190314-180218_YouTube.jpg

Screenshot_20190314-180135_YouTube.jpg

Screenshot_20190314-181243_Samsung Internet.jpg

Screenshot_20190314-181304_Samsung Internet.jpg

Screenshot_20190314-181350_Samsung Internet.jpg

Screenshot_20190314-181346_Samsung Internet.jpg

AndrewL Moderator
@Flowall: Please check out the following link to find out more about the numerous innovations Samsung have made with the camera on the S10 range: https://www.samsung.com/global/galaxy/galaxy-s10/camera/
Explorer

There are no improvement with that picture that I showed.. Work  on software instead of making lies  and marketing  magic  word 

Explorer

Picture are horrible on this phone I'got and it's a big disapointing...

Navigator

This is just unbelievable. My S10 has the same issues, especially with the lack of sharpness and the grainy look. I was wondering if I might got a faulty device but well, obviously it's not just me.

Why is samsung even praising the camera as their best so far? Really dissapointed!

Top Liked Authors