Support

Open search

S10+ Battery drain even when off

Highlighted
First Poster

I was very happy with my new S10+ until a couple of days ago when it suddenly started loosing battery charge for no apparent reason.  It used to last easily 2 days and now I am lucky to get 8 hours out of it.

To make sure I have juice on a flight I need to catch soon, I charged the phone at home and turned it off. Imagine my surprise to see it at 86% two hours later when I turned it on at the airport. Has anyone experienced something similar? Suggestions?

10 REPLIES 10
AndrewL Moderator
@JK63: I'm sorry to hear that you're having issues with your S10+. If you go to Settings > Device > Care > Battery > Battery Usage, can you see any apps or features that are using an abnormal amount of battery? In terms of energy saving suggestions, please attempt the following:
- Enable Power Saving mode
- Reduce your screen brightness
- Switch off GPS, WiFi and Mobile data when not in use
- Disable or shut down any applications when not in use.
- Delete any recently installed 3rd party applications
Navigator

Regarding the issue OP has, it's really stupid to give that kind of standarized answer @Moderator.

It's definitely not normal to lose 14% of battery charge even when the device is turned off. I'd suggest to open a RMA request and get a replacement. Might be a faulty battery you have.

First Poster

Thanks chainfiree,

I will get a replacement when I get back home. This looks like a short in the battery, and I was wondering if I am the only one who has experienced, and if not how bad could it get before I get that replacement. I am out of the country, and I doubt I can get a replacement while abroad. I need to have a phone though. What are the chances of it catching fire, for example?

I recently got an galaxy s10e. Woke up this morning, after my phone being on charge all night on 18%. I immediately cut my phone off, contacted Samsung tech support and they weren't helpful. I've cut my phone off and left it on charge and I'm now at 3%. Any idea on what is causing this?!? 

First Poster

I am sorry to hear that I am not the only one with a similar issue @Felicia85

I ended up replacing my S10+. It took some time, a bit over a week to receive the new one, but it appears to be working fine so far, and I am happy.  I would suggest you contact the vendor and ask for a replacement too.  I am not sure if working directly with Samsung will help you get the replacement sooner - might be worth trying.

Best of luck!

Explorer

No point contacting Samsung directly IMO as it appear they have outsourced their customer services to Capita, one of the most incompetent company I've ever come across in my life.

First Poster

I have a similar problem with my s10 plus too.

When I go to sleep y leave it in flight mode and battery saver and instead of it my battery goes from 30% to 5% in just 7 hours of sleep. I can't understand how can it waste so much battery... It's a new phone. Bought like one week and half ago.

Pathfinder

Air your grievances on this facebook group.  lets move this from closed samsung group to social media.  They got to listen to us then.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/2855565558002858/about/

Apprentice

In the service center that I used to work before we had cases with some samsung smartphones that had the same issue like you described. We tried hard reset, formating, flashing, even multiple battery replacement and none of that worked. On the end It turns out that these Samsung phones had problem with motherboards. They had some sort of short inside it and that drain the battery all the time, similar like resistor. It's simple bad quality control that's all. Try to get replacement phone. 

Top Liked Authors