Support

Open search

S10 Battery Drain

@TimC80 wrote:

Maybe there are a few operators suffering from the same thing, but there definately seems to be something up with EE

SOunds like what I thought that some carrier firmwares and really poor - someone with a unlocked samsung BTU firmware could maybe tell us how they are getting on? 

I will be heading into samsung store this week to show them my results and see what they say - if its not a carrier firmwares then I wonder if EE's 4G signal to the S10 range is bad? I say this because although 4G is making battery bad, the firmware is still running when using wifi and battery is good :/

I'd really like people to say if they are unlocked on samsungs firmware - 

Explorer

Just to let everyone know I'm using a unlocked galaxy s10 which I bought straight from Samsung and I also have the battery issue when using cellular. 

Explorer
What operator are you using and in which country are you?
Explorer

I'm in the UK and use BT 

@BorpZ wrote:

I'm in the UK and use BT 

Okay so maybe Euro chipsets suffer from 4G data? Or outright is this a antenna hardware issue :( 

Need Samsung to look into this - any reps or mods here? 

Explorer

BT mobile and EE are the same network actually, I think we are starting to see a pattern

@BorpZ wrote:

I'm in the UK and use BT 

@TimC80 wrote:

BT mobile and EE are the same network actually, I think we are starting to see a pattern

@BorpZ wrote:

I'm in the UK and use BT 

We can rule out it being the full firmware - wifi with data turned off it perfect, remember the signal for call and text is still on so surely not a antenna issue (hardware) I hope - this issue wudnt show up on battery stats or device care too - its some deep issue in how the 4G data is coming in . SAMSUNG HEAR US

Explorer
Surely somebody from Samsung is checking this forum. It's one of the most active forums here.
Apprentice

I am on Vodafone and in the UK

Explorer

charging my phone after 24 hours

i had 4 hours 23 minits  screen time

and still my battery is 48 percent

and i am using wifi 24 hours my phone is connected with wifi

these recent changes had done alot of diifference in my phone

it just took 52 percent for 4 hours screen time in 24 hours

i think  while waiting for samsung to fix their issue  i can just  use it with my tricks and changings

even though i know we should not be needing any modifications for battery timing  coz its a latest phone but still i expect its just a software issue so while waitng for their fx we can just use custom ways to boost battery timng

Top Liked Authors