Support

Open search

S10 Battery Drain

Explorer

How do i uninstall Bixby?

Navigator
You need to do it via ADB. You need to download the Samsung driver to allow your device to connect via USB to your computer. Then you need to download the ADB program - it can be found via XDA which have developed a quick installation - it is the ADB and Fastboot program (don't bother with the route where you also need the Google Android SDK pack). Then you need to debug your phone and allow for a USB connection which can be done via developer tools. You need to run ADB via command prompt from the program file. Always double check that it can pick up your device before entering a command - do this by typing "adb devices" and it should come up with your device.

For complete step by step guidance, see the link below. It will also give you links to the quick installation of ADB. I've enabled Better Battery Stats via ADB only to find out that it does work yet on the S10 as Samsung has it's own codes....arggghhhhhhh. but the remove if Bixby should work

https://www.darpandodiya.com/code/guide-remove-bixby-bloatware-from-samsung-galaxy-phones/
Apprentice

Can someone answer: ist it normal to lose 12 % in 8 hours even i don't use the phone and it is in Offline Mode and every App in Standby !! Can someone help me ? I did everything is here an still use 12 % at night even though everything in standby !!!! When i use the phone i get good battery life but when i let it on side then the battery goes fast down 1-2% every hours !!! 

Please help, because i will send it back and get completly another phone ..

Explorer

@Bianconeri145 wrote:

How do i uninstall Bixby?

Under the latest OTA software update that went live this morning then the Bixby Key can be remapped via the 'Advanced Features' tab. Let's you set single press to invoke another app or function.

Other than that its ADB

Pathfinder
left the house today at 8:25am UK time with 100% battery. Its now 11:12am UK time and im down to 90% and I been using my phone all morning. Just go to your device care APP in settings and play around with the optimisation of the power options.
Navigator

@Fudgy31 wrote:
left the house today at 8:25am UK time with 100% battery. Its now 11:12am UK time and im down to 90% and I been using my phone all morning. Just go to your device care APP in settings and play around with the optimisation of the power options.

whats your screen on time, have you been on LTE? 

Apprentice
Apprentice
i loose on average 8 % an hour if i just leave the phone on standby. I am utterly disgusted by how i have been fleeced £900.
Navigator

Thanks Richmar83!  I installed the update last night and was trying to find what was "new"     But, do be aware that Bixby Voice, Bixby Home, and Bixby Vision still use data and in some cases do use battery (I found this yesterday by accident) - I also found out that these are all part of your "Android System" and is automatically turned on to allow background activity (thankfully you can force stop these but they will turn on again when you restart your phone).

On a separate note, is anyone having problems with notifications not appearing?  It started yesterday where I was getting whatsapp notifcations and then it stopped suddenly until I restarted my phone.  Now the same with email....I was getting notifications but now again, suddenly I've stopped getting them...I haven't changed any settings (and by yesterday I mean before trying BBS via ADB...)

Apprentice

After removed second Sim card from phone, disabled bixby routines, the battery went back to normal. Currently testing it for a second day.

On the first day when the battery was 50% charge at 11pm, when I performed mentioned methods above, the battery went down to 15% only at 12:30pm under normal usage. After charged the battery for 1h30m until full charge, I used it under regular load (couple of phone calls, 1 VoIP call,  browser usage, facebook, chats) until now (10pm) the battery lost only 26% and its current stage is 74%. Plus the galaxy watch is constanlty paired with phone. Someone before complained about LTE, but I kept it on, and bixby, but I kept it on and used it as well for several request.

Top Liked Authors