If I had to fathom a guess I would say I have had about 5 hours of screen time today (I had a lot of WhatsApp messages today lol) and has been off the charger for 14.5 hours or so now - I am at 42% battery which I guess isn't THAT bad but I've turned off a LOT of features which I shouldn't have to and in comparison to my Sony XZ2 which had a smaller battery than the S10 and I didn't have to turn off features (just force stop stupid Wakelock and Google Play Services which GPS you can't force stop on the Samsung)...I would probably be at 55-60% battery. For a list of stuff I've done (turned off), I think it's on page 14
I stand corrected....3 hours 31 mins of screen time in 14 hours 41 mins on battery. have just found a few additional little golden nuggets...
- phone is constantly scanning as default for nearby devices (I don't use bluetooth or anything so no point in having this on) This is under your network connection > more connection options. Noticed that cell standby is also draining so mot sure Iif this option falls under that too
- Android system is also a huge battery drain for me - I have restricted background activity and will see what if they has an effect (Android System is another known battery drainer - this was the wakelock system on my Sony)
Since doing the first 2 my battery optimizations score jumped from 95 to 98...
- I have deleted some Samsung bloatware apps (and Google bloatware apps) and a few third party apps such as Outlook and now have my mail going to the Samsung native email app
- turned off location for Find My Phone (this is Google location service [!!!!!])
- also found a number of apps using my location data including apps like the Calendar (!!!!!) - I am a privacy fanatic and only will share with select apps (under biometrics and security)
- GPS (!!!) was also using body sensors on my device - not sure if that is related to the accidental touch screen protection but doesn't seem to have changed the option.
- I also found that under biometrics and security, under Location, your phone will also be actively scanning for bluetooth devices for better location accuracy which is switched on by default. There is also another option under this setting that is automatically set to on and that is a constant scanning of wifi connections for more accurate location
PS: I can report that since doing all of this - ESPECIALLY restricting background data on Android OS, my battery has immediately stopped draining as quickly (it feels like). Note that by restricting the background data on Android OS you can and will still receive notifications but they may not be as quick because it restricts apps from constantly pinging the API to send you notifications (and by delayed I don't mean a huge delay, you may just receive notifications or messages a few seconds to maybe a minute after you normally would receive a notification)
Just adding myself as another unhappy victim of the battery drain. Mine is mostly down to 'Google play services' consuming massive amounts of battery (usually 2 to 3 times more than my next biggest). I've attempted flushing services and partition cache to no help. I also had the sensor issue where my phone kept turning on in my pocket. I've disabled always-on to try combat (which is irritating since I liked it) but still have the double tap to wake so still struggle (I fear wearing down hard buttons so much prefer a screen tap)
So after all my hard work yesterday it had zero effect on my battery. Was thoroughly disappointed. So. I backed up my phone to my laptop and did a hard reset. Oddly when my phone restarted it gave me more options than I had when I initially received the phone. I plugged my phone into my laptop and restored from backup with the exception of my apps...why? Because it said one or more app wasn't compatible. So I have restored most elements on my phone but did a fresh install of all my apps from the GP Store. I've noticed when I've been re-setting stuff up, I've actually got different options available to me...also I noticed all of a sudden my phone is actually updating apps and stuff. This wasn't the case with my phone straight out of the box - even on the lock screen, it is showing that Bixby is active which it never did out of the box so I guess I will see how things go...
This is very true sir. I also opted to resetting my phone to factory reset. And my battery improved a lot! As of this moment my battery is on it's learning pattern. again. btw sir. would like to ask regarding your battery life right now? how was it? is it all good until now? thank you.
Having also the drain fun since two days. Before it has been fine. Up to 30% during night. Mobile data, wifi, bluetooth switched off. Android system is the bad guy showing up on the top of energy consumers with 20%.
Did the cache partition wipe thing .... will see if it works out.
My battery drain is much better now. I was wrongly looking at the weeks battery drain previously which showed the play services app drawing lots but looking at the daily since flushing caches, much better now. Still have the wake in pocket issue though.... Grrrr