Support

Open search

S10 Battery Drain

Apprentice

I posted a couple of weeks ago about getting rid of my S10 for a Huawei P30. Other than Donald Trump it's been brilliant.  The big thing about the battery is I use about 80% battery over a 30ish hour period, get about 7 and a half to 8 hours screen time, and don't need to turn anything off. Sync is on 24/7, data roaming on, Bluetooth on, live wallpapers, etc etc.  I paid for a smartphone so I'm using it as one, no need for any bixby routines over here......

Observer

Hi! Any update on your experience with this? I've had mine for 14 days and the battery still drains fast - I took it back to the store for replacement yesterday. Today I have the same issue with the new s10.

Explorer

I have the same issue. Max 2-3h SOT, also on my second phone. Will probably get rid of it and buy something not Exynos powered.

Explorer

I set up bixby routines to make my phone act smarter battery-wise. Yesterday i figured out, that disabling bixby routines in the top menu fixed my drain in idle. Now we are talking! I assume this will fix my sot from 4 to 6-7 hours roughly. I am using the snapdragon variant and flashed it from german telekom (DTM) to DBT before.

Explorer

does not help that much either. i just found the newst firmware from today ASF3 AUT only and i am currently flashing that 5gb download to my device, there were some nice battery idle values in the xda forums: https://forum.xda-developers.com/s10-plus/how-to/asba-official-stock-fw-update-odin-t3908710/page117

Explorer

It seems that the update fixed the drain to me. During sleep i lost around 1 percent per hour with wifi and location enabled. And it drains very slow when screen is on. I assume at least 7hrs sot now.

Navigator
1 percent per hour is minimal. And acceptable.
Explorer

I am at 40% now with 4:20 sot, plus i flashed firmware with this battery at around 75%. So 6hrs easily, with it fully charged 7+ hrs easily i guess. 

Navigator

@Gonzo28 wrote:

I am at 40% now with 4:20 sot, plus i flashed firmware with this battery at around 75%. So 6hrs easily, with it fully charged 7+ hrs easily i guess. 

You are well on your way to efficient SOT.

If you hit 7 hrs. SOT, it will be the sweet spot.

Explorer
I fully charged it now and let's see. Two percent with display on all the time drawn 2 percent battery in 12 minutes. If that stays like this, it's worth >9 to 10hrs. I have to say that i tweaked a lot because with the older firmware it was draining like hell.

Nova, disabled bixby and a lot of apps, no animations, routines to detect location and set bluetooth wifi, etc. depending if at work, home or car. Brightness is around 40-55% roughly. Using nova instead of one ui, I wiped with the firmware before because i wanted a csc change from dtm to dbt and now the aut firmware was flashed with home csc and it worked like a charm. But it's a 5gb download, luckily i am on 250 mbit here.

Great stuff with reasonable brightness, wifi at home and no mobile data. At work wifi will be disabled and mobile data enabled. My lte connection at home is not that good.

Sync is on and gps has disabled all improvements, just pure gps.

Let's see, if the drain stays with 1% per 6 minutes while screen is on.