Support

Open search

S10 Battery Drain

Just Browsing
This wasn't the case out of the box, so i'm pretty sure this can be fixed with f/w upgrade. previous to all updates i was easily lasting more than a day on normal usage, and getting over 6hours SOT.
Now, it's hardly a day and 4hours SOT, same usage patterns.
Explorer

I realize that on my iPhone it doesn't show the battery percentage like the Samsung does in the upper right hand corner. I realize that constantly looking at the percentage was driving me crazy all day long, so I actually went into settings and turned it off, all I see is the battery icon. I recommend everybody doing the same for your sanity sake.

Explorer

That's one video that really shows how bad standby drain is on exynos chip. Not sure if a firmware upgrade can solve this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=shrYnaxVenE

Navigator

You can set it on iPhone to see battery percent 

Explorer

Yes, but it doesnt always show it unless u swipe to your "Widget" screen or down to ur control panel. 

Navigator

I think it's worth asking people, if this issue doesn't get fixed, do you think you'd wish that you had gotten another phone? 

Navigator

@Curt_Interludes wrote:

I think it's worth asking people, if this issue doesn't get fixed, do you think you'd wish that you had gotten another phone? 

Yes yes and yes. Just don't know which one as they are all ginormous these days and I HATE that

Apprentice

So i guess we should all be hopeful for a furture F/w upgrade that resolves the battery life issue because a 4100 MAH not even lasting a full day sucks. 

The battery drains extremely fast, i mean u just unlock the device, send a text and boom, there goes 2%.

Really hope it aint a hardware issue!!!

Explorer

Tellin ya'll.... TURN OFF BATTERY % IN SETTINGS!!! Stop thinking about it.... maybe Samsung has us on all on sort of trippy placebo effect... maybe it starts to drain super slow after 20% LMAO

Apprentice

lol......we could turn off the battery % and not look at it but we will definitely know the time when your phone is about to die on you and imagine it aint even a full day yet and that too with moderate use!!

Still hoping that it aint a hardware issue and can be fixed with future f/w upgrades.

Top Liked Authors