Support

Open search

S10 Battery Drain

Highlighted
Explorer

I recently changed back to iPhone 

Battery life is superb.

i never got anywhere with my s10+ battery getting better. 

Highlighted
Observer

Did your S10 battery life ever improve as I've had the phone for 5 days and the battery is awful?

I've not been up an hour and it's down 10%?

Highlighted
Apprentice

Yes, had to change each app to not use in background. Which is intensive.

Battery if you use it often, will I'm afraid be only good on maximum use for a few hours.

Plenty of charging options though. Odd for a good phone to have such a poor battery. 

Highlighted
Apprentice

I'm certainly not trying to disrespect Samsung in any way they do have the most amazing camera's out of any smartphone in my opinion. My photography portfolio is full of shots from the S10 plus that gets compliment after compliment. But the battery life in the Galaxy S10 plus is a whole other matter. I don't understand it because it's supposed to be equipped with a smart battery in which the note 10 plus is not equipped with. I have all the battery saving aspects of this model set to save the most battery life possible. My resolution is set to HD. I use a black wallpaper. I already tried resetting my phones settings and reformatting quite a few times. Yet I still have to charge my phone twice a day? I don't believe it's defective because it was like this since the beginning. 

M24_karat
Highlighted
Apprentice

It's just the wrong battery. Some of the cheaper phones that Samsung have brought out this month  only require one charge a day.

So if your a decent user, although a wonderful phone, your going to have to turn it off after each use.

Highlighted
Pathfinder

In settings, navigate to "Device Care", and select "Battery". This should show you the battery usage of all your apps. Troubleshoot accordingly.

If that doesn't work, try using "Medium Power Saving Mode". This prevents background app refresh, and disables them from using data. 

Make sure you have no apps locked to your RAM. Check this by opening multitasking, and if you are any apps with a lock symbol, press on that lock symbol to disable.

If you're using Chrome, make sure to close all your tabs.

You can use the "Device Care" tool to automatically troubleshoot also.

Let me know how you get on! If problems persist, I am more than willing to continue providing more solutions. Also, I would like to know whether you are using the Exynos or Snapdragon variant of the device. You can check this by looking at the model name of your device.

Highlighted
First Poster

I've looked at my battery usage , I also have the snap dragon variant. I've charged my phone fully, and didn't use it , and watched the battery literally deplete as it just sat there , when using im getting a fair 7-9 hours of battery time. But I'm constantly switching from optimized to max battery save mode. I don't have many apps, just the standard, nothing in background. The battery last decent, but not what has been advertised,  the drainage the phone has is off , its a year old now but my HTC 11 is the a little over and doesn't drain,  i prefer Samsung  galaxy over any andriod phone but Ima stick with it. I wanted to buy the s11 and 5g but csnt really trust those now.

Highlighted
Voyager

Does anyone else have the issue where once the battery goes to 5%. It basically means you have next 2 minutes before it shuts down.
Once it reaches 5% battery levels. It will litteraly die in less than 2 minutes. Regardless of what you do.
It goes from 5% to 0% and shut down in an instant.

P.s- Also the battery life on the S10e (Exynos) is pathetic in comparison to my old iPhone 6s 

Highlighted
Pathfinder

Most Android devices have that 5 to 0 issue, because unlike most laptops, a mobile device still relies on the main battery to boot the system. This is why at around 5%, the device realises it's going to cut into boot power, so it stops. If you were to continue depleting battery, you could end up with some corrupted or missing system files. iOS, however, takes this into account, so 100% in iOS is 100% excluding boot power. Also, iPhones have an excessively large amount of reserved boot power, so that's why you can sometimes turn your phone on after its died and get yet another 5%. This is inefficiency in my opinion, but Android should take this into account.

Highlighted
Pathfinder

Hello there!

Of course, there are many possibilities, but at this point of time, it could be some faulty hardware, and not the software, based on what you've told me. I have an Exynos model S10e, which has both a smaller battery and worse battery management, yet I'm a very heavy user and average 11hrs on a single charge. Then, after quick charging, it takes me through most of the night. You, having a Snapdragon model, should theoretically be getting more battery life out of your device, but as that is not the case, I recommend either backing up your data and performing a factory reset, or visiting a Samsung maintenance store (which we cannot do of course, due to the current COVID-19 situation). 

Top Liked Authors