Support

Open search

S10 Battery Drain

Apprentice

I fully agree with the LTE  problem description ... I had also thought of changing carrier , I don't know if it could be useful

Navigator

@chaosmarine wrote:

I fully agree with the LTE  problem description ... I had also thought of changing carrier , I don't know if it could be useful

Unfortunately changing carriers will do nothing for you as it is a software problem not a carrier problem. It makes no difference what carrier you have the device will still be holding on to the weaker signal draining the battery

Apprentice

Just useless and no reply from samsung im so doen with this phone and still no notification ring either on the big flag ***** ship😂and then they add power share hahaha nobody will die that because they need every % for their own phone hahaha the best  fix for the BATTERY dont use your phone at all 😂 support from samsung or any reply just sucks my next phone will be iPhone after 10 year goodjob samsuck

Explorer
I've noticed the same thing!
In 4G, it uses MUCH MUCH more battery.
Not that it's the best in Wi-Fi, but in 4G/LTE it actually DRAINS the battery in a rapid speed.

Can Samsung please fix this in an update soon??
Navigator

I did a factory reset from recovery, and now the battery says it's learning which I didn't notice before when I brought the device new?20190724_181806.jpg

Navigator

Battery life seems a lot better in standby now Ive done a factory reset from recoveryScreenshot_20190725-054535_Settings.jpg

Navigator

Watch "Huawei P30 Pro EXTREME Day in the Life." on YouTube
https://youtu.be/C9IPyPBDZQU

Navigator

@Adibordoy wrote:

Battery life seems a lot better in standby now Ive done a factory reset from recoveryScreenshot_20190725-054535_Settings.jpg

Cell Standby isn't a good indicator of battery drain nor does it give you any information on the device connecting to the stronger signal over squatting on the weaker signal.

I've found this has been an issue for Samsung going back to Oreo with the tons of complaints and here we are in Pie and no fix. They either can't figure out what they've done or they just don't care. Not sure which it is since they won't even acknowledge the problem exists.

One of the admins created a new thread on this using my complaint.

Just Browsing

I noticed that the Snapdragon 855/ Exynos 9820 are very heavy processors. They go beast mode the moment you turn on the phone. The One UI has its fair hand in this as well, as it taxes a huge load on the processor. I bought the s10e and without the power saving mode switched on, I would hardly get 2-3 hours of Screen On-Time (SoT). But the Medium Power Saving mode is very efficient and useful since it drops the load on the processor without any noticeable performance drops. And that is a very big thing. With the Medium Power Saving Mode enabled, I am getting around 6-7 maybe even 8 hours of SoT. ( Always connected to Wi-Fi, heavy Youtube use, light gaming and a lot of movies). So I guess all fellow S10/S10e/S10+ users are using the Medium Power Saving Mode as a daily norm instead of an occasional bump to use the juice more efficiently. I hope this issue is resolved in a later update since it is an issue faced by a broad audience and the sample size for variables is very small (if we are talking about fellow S10/S10e/S10+ users only)

Highlighted

My battery randomly starts draining while on a Samsung C charger or on a wireless charger. There seems to be no rhyme nor reason. It shows, and tells me it's charging but continues to drain. Even when turned off. Then just as randomly it starts charging again. I cannot depend on it. Any thoughts?

Top Liked Authors