Support

Open search

S10 Battery Drain

Explorer
I'm doing the same thing. Every ***** time I go out from an app I am forced to force close it. Although, I do not know how much time I should be expecting from the phone either - since I am streaming/playing the music with the screen off but with LTE.
Highlighted
Apprentice

I have an S8+. Its 2 years old now. No issues with it until Saturday. Charged it to 100%. Left it in my bag when I went out. Picked it up to use it and it was at 35%. Same happened today at work. 100% in the morning. Not used all day and when I looked at it in the afternoon, it was down to 48%. I dont understand this at all and I dont know how to resolve it.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks in advance. 

Explorer

Hi again,

I got back in touch with a Samsung service centre, they ran some more tests and subsequently replaced the motherboard and battery in the phone.

It's actually slightly better now, on a normal day I can get 3.5h SOT time and the phone doesn't heat up as much. Nonetheless,  it's still not good and if I'm outside of wifi coverage, I would get max 2-3 SOT during a day before it dies.

Maybe there is something with Ee's co configuration and Samsung?

First Poster

Hello,

I recently bought new Samsung S10e EU version. I changed my A5 2017 for this small compact phone. I must say I am really disapointed. Every app except gmail in already in sleep mode. I use Allways on display and proximity sensor. Allways on display is turrned off over night. In 6-8 hours I loose 15% of battery. Nothing helps. I have all system and app updates. Calculation for 24h shows more than 35% of the battery only for standby.

Currently my phone needs charging 2x a day (2-3h of SOT) and this is completely unacceptable.

I hope someone from Samsung reads this. I am ready to send the data to Samsung.

I hope this gets fixed in a month.

If not I am gonna sell the phone.

Right now I do not recommend this phone to anyone.

Navigator

@Beco007 wrote:

Hello,

I recently bought new Samsung S10e EU version. I changed my A5 2017 for this small compact phone. I must say I am really disapointed. Every app except gmail in already in sleep mode. I use Allways on display and proximity sensor. Allways on display is turrned off over night. In 6-8 hours I loose 15% of battery. Nothing helps. I have all system and app updates. Calculation for 24h shows more than 35% of the battery only for standby.

Currently my phone needs charging 2x a day (2-3h of SOT) and this is completely unacceptable.

I hope someone from Samsung reads this. I am ready to send the data to Samsung.

I hope this gets fixed in a month.

If not I am gonna sell the phone.

Right now I do not recommend this phone to anyone.

Gets fixed in a month!  the funniest thing I've read in a long time!

Explorer

I got in contact with the customer support here in Sweden earlier today. He referred me back to the retailer who sold me the phone (good service), and said that he haven't heard of any other person who has problem with their S10 + battery life. This made me laugh. I cannot send my phone for repair since I have lots of my workstuff there and need it daily.

However. I have had Spotify playing for 2 hours today and and have watched Youtube for 1 hour - 1.5 SOT right now with 85%, which is an improvement compared to my 60% I had at lunch time yesterday with the almost exact same usage of apps. 

His recommendation in support was switching off from 4G to 3G, but I do not know, this seems pretty harsch according to me for a brand new phone.

I have better stats with Wi-FI, but seriously - that much in comparison? 

I have not tried factory resetting, maybe should try this, I do not know. 

First Poster

One more thing:

Does anybody know how to contact samsung dirrectly. I am from Slovenia.

Contacting reseller or the service center is not a good idea because the root cause is way beyond them.

According to benchmarks S855 works and E9820 has problems.

Switching to 3G would be worse than using my old phone and I doubt the hard reset wuold help after 5 days I installed a phone (it is completely new).

The funniest thing is that Samsung knows this from the begining and they did it anyway. This is why there were more patches for E9820.

Why can't we buy S855 in EU?

Explorer

I have factory reset the phone now. 

Let's see if this helps. 

I have had the phone for a week and have already factory reset this. Not a good first impression.

How long does it take before the AI actually "improves" your battery. Should I give this two weeks, one month?

Apprentice

I hope Mr Samsung (!) is reading this post and understand  that he is  not making a good impression for a top phone!

Navigator

Overnight, I only lose about 3% battery. I leave everything running as usual and am on WiFi. Which I don't see this as much as problem at all.

I've gone in and disabled FB, Linkedin and most of the goofy Samsung apps. I should have been afforded the ability to completely uninstall over disable on an unlocked phone, but that's a different argument.  I have 4 different email apps running.

Also, shut off that stupid Battery AI from Google, it doesn't work. It didnt' work on Pie when I got the early release using my OP6 and it still doesn't work now. They need to go back to battery profiles like it was for years, that worked.

Now the bad: When using LTE only with WFi off the battery level through the day will drop really fast even with little to no use of the phone. Literally just walking around the city for a few hours I will see a decrease in battery going from 100% to around 70% in about 5-6 hours. IMO, I think it is because of the networking software issues, the phone is constantly holding on to the weakest possible signal over switching to a stronger signal thereby using less battery. Because it wants to hold on to a weak signal, this causes additional stress on the device, which in turn will cause the device to use more battery. It's like putting the WiFi setting on to constantly scan everywhere you go, it runs the battery life down.

Top Liked Authors