Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S10+ Battery Drain

(Topic created on: 15-07-2019 09:40 AM)
Klejdis
Explorer
Options

I have accubattery on my s10+ and sometimes battery life is good as it shows it is only dropping 7% per hour with screen on.But sometimes it shows 18% per hours with screen on.What is going on with the battery?Sometimes it is good and sometimes bad.Maximum i've got is 7 hours SOT while I see others who are getting much longer.Please samsung the phone is amazing just release an update to fix the battery life as i am getting nowhere near the stated times 

60 REPLIES 60
Klejdis
Explorer
Options

And today morning i woke up at 9 with 40% and now i have 14% with not even  30 minutes screen time

0 Likes
Gonzo28
Explorer
Options

There is a june update available since today for swiss which might fix the drain, there is a screenshot with insane battery idle values here: https://forum.xda-developers.com/s10-plus/how-to/asba-official-stock-fw-update-odin-t3908710/page117

0 Likes
Gonzo28
Explorer
Options

its not fixed i just called "deutsche Telekom" german telekom and they confirmed that samsung told that this issue occured with the latest update, because its constantly searching for lte-antennas. That might describe why i am having great battery life home with wifi and not in the office without wifi. So disabling 4g might be a temporary solution i am going to test out now until samsung fixed the drain in their firmware. 

0 Likes
roastedwookie
Voyager
Options

@Gonzo28 wrote:

its not fixed i just called "deutsche Telekom" german telekom and they confirmed that samsung told that this issue occured with the latest update, because its constantly searching for lte-antennas. That might describe why i am having great battery life home with wifi and not in the office without wifi. So disabling 4g might be a temporary solution i am going to test out now until samsung fixed the drain in their firmware. 

I can cofirm your statement. In service mode, there is a screen where you can see the LTE band the phone is connected to. I've checked on mine and it's constantly switching between band 7 and 20...Curiously, the band 7 has better signal, but the phone is going to band 20 with worse signal and backwards. Too bad the service mode screen where you can deselect bands is not working in Europe.

0 Likes
StellarTraveler
Helping Hand
Options

@Klejdis wrote:

No mine is good on standby it just drops 1.5% every hour but what's not good is when the screen is on

I get the same and someyimes 2 percent. 3 percent with holey light running.

0 Likes
Kurtlivendal
Explorer
Options

I just bought my S 10 + two days ago and it has massive battery problems. I don't know if it's the Spotify app or YouTube app or something else, but I have 70% battery now after three hours and I have screen on time on one hour. Can Samsung please look into this?? 

Klejdis
Explorer
Options

It's not only your phone.Standby times on the exynos model are really *****.During the day i lose more in standby than while using it.Accu battery shows me 39% lost in 22 hours just on standby.It is really a piece of *****.

Kurtlivendal
Explorer
Options

Guys. This is my results from yesterday. I've had it for a couple of days. What do you think of the results? Are they good or bad? Screenshot_20190714-231346_Settings.jpg

Klejdis
Explorer
Options
Extremely good.Mine can only reach 6 in its best days
roastedwookie
Voyager
Options
On wifi only? That's not completely relevant. Most users are half a day on LTE, where the problem is
0 Likes