Open search

S10 Battery Drain

Explorer

Welcome and join the club. 

@tcoleman1 wrote:

Screenshot_20190508-112014_Settings.jpg

Screenshot_20190508-112010_Device care.jpg

Screenshot_20190508-112002_Digital wellbeing.jpg

So I'm a bit of a loss what to do next. I've emailed Samsung and they've got me to send an error report to them to take a look at why my battery is draining so fast.

It seems very inconsistent day to day. For example this time yesterday I had used the phone more than they I have today and was on a higher battery percentage.

The phone has literally drained 42% of its battery from 5.5 hours of not really doing anything with it!

It's a shame as it's such a great phone other than this. How would I go about getting another one as this clearly can't be right? 

Highlighted
Pathfinder

me join the facebook group and lets get this ***** noticed.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/GalaxyS10Varients/

Pathfinder
Apprentice

@ElwoodP wrote:

@Fudgy31

Did you mention this thread? You'd think this 110 page monster on their own forums would be hard to ignore.

Oh it's actually veeery easy for them buddy. Remember Note 7 ? Burning down houses and Samsung didn't even PAID people's hotels. Anyway I live in Brasil and we can't return products bought in-store for no reason like in the US and most advanced countries so I'm stuck with this phone.

Pathfinder

not if you ask for the address of your localsamsung experience store?

Pathfinder
Apprentice
In the service center that I used to work before we had problems with some Samsung and Apple smartphones that had battery drain problem. We tried hard reset, formatting, flashing, even multiple battery replacement and none of that worked. On the end It turns out that these Samsung phones had problem with motherboards. They had some sort of short inside it and that drain the battery all the time, similar like resistor. It's simple bad quality control in the factory that's all. All people that had these kind of issue should return their phones to the stores where they got them and demand to get new replacement phones!  It's not normal that you need to use all kind's of battery saving features and tips just to survive a day with the brand new phone!
Explorer

@Nexi wrote:
In the service center that I used to work before we had problems with some Samsung and Apple smartphones that had battery drain problem. We tried hard reset, formatting, flashing, even multiple battery replacement and none of that worked. On the end It turns out that these Samsung phones had problem with motherboards. They had some sort of short inside it and that drain the battery all the time, similar like resistor. It's simple bad quality control in the factory that's all. All people that had these kind of issue should return their phones to the stores where they got them and demand to get new replacement phones!  It's not normal that you need to use all kind's of battery saving features and tips just to survive a day with the brand new phone!

The problem is is that many of us ordered directly from Samsung, or pre-ordered. We have to go to some shop or something somewhere and give our phone to the repair people so they can act like they did something to it and hand it back to us. How can we ensure to actually get a new phone from them and not just some reset?

Explorer

In which case, I bless my stars - EE replaced my phone as I had reported the issue in the first 30 days. 

I am not raving about the replacement but is certainly is performing better than the pre-ordered phone.

Pathfinder
Top Liked Authors