Support

Open search

S10 Battery Drain

Apprentice

It's the S10 +.

I load for example with 20% and after a 5 or 10% restart the phone.
I charge the phone up to 100% and to date it has worked.

To achieve these 2 or 3 days, I do not use the battery saver.
I will use the wifi, bluetooth, 4g whenever needed.

Apprentice

The big difference in me restarting the phone while it is charging is that at night, while I sleep, on average 7 hours, it only spends 4 or 5% of battery at most.

If I never reboot it when I charge the phone, it usually spends about 20 to 25% of the battery.

Pathfinder

This is my screenshot of battery lifeScreenshot_20190504-115446_Settings.jpg

Explorer
I thinks it perfect for S10, what more can you expect
Explorer

So, doesn´t worth swap my S9P for S10 (regular)? With just 100mah less from the battery, with 1" screen size smaller and with the new chipset i gonna have worst battery?? I really want a small form phone this year.

I´m reading a lot about the standby drain from exynos 9820 and that scared me... Waste money and get a worst phone?

Highlighted
Navigator
Impressive! I had auto restart but then my alarm doesn't go off lol!! Btw...20% battery drain nearly and 45 mins of SOT....pathetic (granted I am on 4G through the mountain ranges in Blugaria but still....
Apprentice
I do not use the automatic restart.

I put the phone to charge.
After 1 or 2 minutes I click on the power button and turn it off.
I wait another 1 or 2 minutes and click the power button to turn the phone on and let the charging complete.
This way I have a battery for 2 or 3 days without an exhaustive use but it is better than 1 day that I could.
The big difference I see in doing this procedure is while I sleep. Instead of spending 20% ​​of the battery, it only spends 5% at most.
During the day, if I do not touch the phone, I also see that it loses very little battery.
Navigator

Good to know!!  I will try that and see what I get. I get very little overnight drain (usually...) - I will on average lose about 3-4% in a 7-9 hour overnight period (though sometimes with the April update I've lost upwards of 10% without any changes which is absurd).  I managed 2.5 hours today SOT before getting down to 34% battery which....obviously isn't very good at all...

Just Browsing

I'm on the April update, which did fix the deep sleep issue, the phone goes into deep sleep, which can be seen in CPU spy , but something is still keeping the sensors active.

I had noval launcher consuming a lot of battery in the background, deleted it and saw some improvement, Gboard was the next culprit, but now it's whatsapp that's using excessive background battery. You remove an app but some other app takes over as a high background battery drainer.

Charging the phone to 100% at night shouldn't use a lot of battery, but in 6 - 7 hours of idle time 14% - 18% battery is lost just sitting there doing nothing. 

Wiping cache, resetting the phone, factory resetting the phone, nothing has helped so far.

Explorer

Did you think that this standby drain can be fixed with a firmware upgrade? Or it's a hardware problem (a really bad chip from Samsung)?

Top Liked Authors