Support

Open search

S10 Battery Drain

Highlighted
Explorer

I think I am okay with the replacement but it's still early days as the OS is learning my usage pattern.

I did use Google maps for 38 mins and was streaming music as well for nearly an hour. I have the edge panel and edge notifications on as I like them.

Screenshot_20190425-154727_Settings.jpg

Highlighted
Navigator

Screenshot_20190425-184825.jpg

Highlighted
Explorer
Thanks, mine was also 21/02 and my mate had a different batch 23/02

This replacement is 03/04

I do wonder if there's something wrong with the 21/02 dated phones
Highlighted
Navigator

Lol, I'm sending this back and getting a p30 pro. I'm done with this now...Screenshot_20190425-195357_Settings.jpg

Highlighted
Explorer
That doesn't look good, sorry.
Highlighted
Navigator

I really wanted to love this phone, but I live with the battery power saving mode on 24/7 and I'm no longer getting importent notifications. My phone more often than not still dies before the days out, if I watch video or play games or load more than ten websites on 4g I don't have a chance of it lasting the day. Why would I put up with this when the p30 pro is so enticing.

It's worth noting that that I don't believe that samsung will do anything about this. 3 to 4, max 5 hours sot is good enough for them to get away with neglecting this issue. 

Highlighted
Navigator

@bigjig wrote:

I think I am okay with the replacement but it's still early days as the OS is learning my usage pattern.

I did use Google maps for 38 mins and was streaming music as well for nearly an hour. I have the edge panel and edge notifications on as I like them.

Screenshot_20190425-154727_Settings.jpg

This looks close-ish to mine. I am currently nearly 3 hours of SOT in a 22hr off-charge period and am at 50%.  THAT SAID I do have my phone to flip to medium power mode at 85% battery and I only charge my phone at night to 93% so when I leave the house in the morning I am at 90%

Highlighted
Navigator

mine 2019.03.01

Highlighted
Navigator

did you wipe cache ?

Highlighted
Explorer
I will try and match your usage pattern but not planning to switch medium power mode on and will continue streaming music on 4g with a 100% charge at night before I sleep. Will post the details soon.
Top Liked Authors