Support

Open search

S10 Battery Drain

Highlighted

We maybe onto something now, although Pie has been out for a while hasn't it? Wonder if any other handsets suffer with battery drain on 4G and idle - if this is the cause then I'd imagine it would have to be each brand looking into the Pie software and fixing. 

I wouldn't like to say 100% it's not a hardware issue now but it is starting to go towards a really hard to find bug inside Pie maybe that struggles with 4G. That being said I cudnt go back to S10+ now - P30 Pro is just as fast as S10 and wins overall thanks to it's insane camera. 

Highlighted
Navigator

Okay guys, I just want to throw this out there, but this is just the Exynos phones, and I don't think samsung are going to do a think to fix this problem...

https://youtu.be/Pmn7VRyB9Xg - find the bit about the battery 

Highlighted
Explorer

Screenshot_20190424-211504_Settings.jpg

Check this out

I charged my phone today 

I have 75 percent battery remaining

With just 25 percent battery i got almost 2 hours screen time 

With playing youtube insta whatsapp

So if i use full battery its will be arround 8 hours of screen time

Its not that baScreenshot_20190424-211939_Device care.jpg

Highlighted

Anybody else with this problem? Whatsapp is draining my battery. Any fix out there?Screenshot_20190424-022554_Settings.jpg

Highlighted
Navigator
Wow. I should have grabbed my Chinese SD phone hahaha!!!
Highlighted
Explorer

I think there is as bad batch now. 

Got a new replacement today as I had reported the issue in the first week and again before 30 days so it helped.

The previous device was manufacturer on 21/02, my mates got one too but his was dated 23/02 and he doesn't experience the drain. 

This new device states 3rd April and so far seems good. I have moved houses so no internet yet and have been heavily using 4g to stream music and use maps too.Screenshot_20190424-200554_Settings.jpg

Screenshot_20190424-203024_Device care.jpg

Highlighted
First Poster
So, i have had the phone since launch, more then a month, have yet to see any battery improvements....
Highlighted
Navigator

location on ?

you are not using high perfomance mode...with maxium resolution 

what did you disabled in apps ? what apps ?

Highlighted
First Poster

Yeah, I have location on and mid resolution. I haven't disabled apps, but I have put them to sleep. 

Highlighted
Apprentice

I normally don't write in these forums but I feel compelled to do it now.

Got my brand new Samsung Galaxy S10 a couple of weeks ago. I love all of it... except the battery. I have been using it only for a week and am so sad to see it drain in a matter of 8 hours. It goes from 100% to 80 in 2 hours without excessive use of it other than messaging app. I don't game, i don't watch videos... 

Even my previous *****ty iphone 6 lasted longer...

I have tried decreasing the brightness, AOD off, turn off auto wake up and all this ***** that we should absolutely not be worried about draining battery because it is what we paid for and why disabling it??... But the problem is not solved!!! It's 5.33 pm and I am at 30% without barely having done anything to the phone. In order to make it through the day I have to put it on power saving which will make my messenger app not send me notifications...

THIS IS SO FRUSTRATING! What to do? What is the issue here? I feel so scammed...

Top Liked Authors