S10 Battery Drain

Highlighted
Navigator

@dani8501 wrote:
s10 plus
24 hour usage
still 47 percent battery

screen time 4 hours but still after 24 hours 47 percent battery is remaining

thats very good indeed, im guessing you do a lot of reading on your device? and also remain connected to wifi? 

Voyager

Only 4 hours screen time is not really good ... But better than me with my S10 and my poor 2h... 

Highlighted
First Poster
I got a update today, not sure if its anything related to the battery. But why should you not charge it to 100? I have heard you should not let it drop below 20
Highlighted
Navigator

what update ? 

Highlighted
Navigator

it's impossible to have this with wifi always on and location weather ..etc 

please post print screen with proof 

Highlighted
Apprentice

I live in the USA and I have the regular S10, today my battery was on 28% when I got home from work after being unplugged for 11 hours with 2 hours of screen time, this is about what I get everday even after a factory reset, I have AOD turned off, all vibrations turned off, no lock screen, I always close every app before I put my phone back in my pocket and I have the battery settings to optimized with adaptive power saving mode on and adaptive screen brightness is on, I called Samsung and they said I need to take it to a repair shop to be fixed, what a nightmare for a brand new $1000 phone.

Highlighted

I charge my phone to 100% each night, and when I wake up it's down to 78% !!

My always on display is turned off during the night. 

Soooo annoying!

Highlighted
Navigator

There has to be a bunch of faulty devices,  Some  users are getting 8 to 11 hours SOT, most of use getting  2 to 4 SOT.

First  Ever Samsung device, could be my last!

(Which is a shame because I love everything thing about it apart from battery life)

Highlighted
Navigator

@Adibordoy wrote:

There has to be a bunch of faulty devices,  Some  users are getting 8 to 11 hours SOT, most of use getting  2 to 4 SOT.

First  Ever Samsung device, could be my last!

(Which is a shame because I love everything thing about it apart from battery life)

Some of those people with the longer SOT are actually S10+ owners but they are failing to say so initially lol. 

There is an update slowly rolling out at the end-ish of April but I've heard it is to make a dedicated night mode and a few other things.  This is my first Samsung phone device and I am disappointed as I like everything about the phone.  I don't have as many weird things happening with this phone as I did my first S10 which is good but I'm not cool with the battery.  Are you guys sending diagnostic logs back to Samsung?  If not they will never be able to tell or fix any problems - even the Samsung rep on this forum said the engineers are looking for bugs and can't pinpoint an exact issue (but my assumption is that they found a few) but the ONLY way this is possible is by sending log files back.

Highlighted
First Poster

I've got an S10+, terrible battery life, almost dead after a day at work and that's 2 maybe 3 hours of SOT if that... I am on EE but ordered the phone directly from Samsung, it's been replaced once and now this ones manufacturer date is 14/03/19, even at home on WIFI the battery still drains terribly fast.

Top Liked Authors