Support

Open search

S10 Battery Drain

Highlighted
Navigator

Just called Samsung, the woman I was speaking to said she will talk to the Samsung rep herself about this issue. unfortunately, she also informed me that the company is unaware this is an issue. I just don’t know what to do anymore, on one hand I have a beautiful phone, on the other I have this immense frustration.

Highlighted
First Poster

Ok so today after complaining yesterday today I've had my phone off charge for over 10 hours and still got 50% 

The only difference I made was actually using the charger that came with the phone rather than the s8 one I already had plugged in 🤷‍♀️

Highlighted
Apprentice

@Practicallygeek wrote:

@Suvasish wrote:

Totally agree.  What surprises me is that there has been no media coverage and backlash yet. 

My thoughts are that people are getting a day of usage and think that's normal for a smartphone- if your not into details or look at what a 4100 battery should get you then you wont really think there's an issue. I'm not at all saying everyone shud be a "geek" but I'm certain there are many many people with these phones not knowing in fact their battery is poor. 

Anyway I've decided not stick with it - how long would a software if that's the fix to arrive. 

Like you said I wonder if Samsung even know or are fixing it . . .my response on Twitter said it all for me  

P.S my battery is on 66% with 1h 40 mins SOT, on wifi my usage was over just over 4h sot at 66% 

There is a major issue here

Yeah, I'm in a Facebook page only for s10's family and people are crazy posting battery screenshots showing like 15/17h of battery and claping for Samsung like they were having the most amazing battery... So naive. I became the black sheep just by stating I myself have a problem haha.

Highlighted
Navigator
Okay, just got 5 hours screen on time on 4g, that much better than what i got the other day?
Highlighted
Navigator

totally agree the fault is not samsung 100% is the us the people that is not reporting the issues 

Highlighted
Explorer
Well, in my opinion, there should not be any faults in the first place for us to report as these devices should have been tested correctly before being sold. We are the end consumer so I think we should be getting a finished product that is fit for function. We are not beta testers for new devices and when I put my own money down for a flagship device I would at least expect Samsung to have made sure the devices don't have such as severe problem.

Highlighted
Troubleshooter

@BorpZ wrote:
Well, in my opinion, there should not be any faults in the first place for us to report as these devices should have been tested correctly before being sold. We are the end consumer so I think we should be getting a finished product that is fit for function. We are not beta testers for new devices and when I put my own money down for a flagship device I would at least expect Samsung to have made sure the devices don't have such as severe problem.

Well all software can have bugs, even after it has been tested this won't show up untill more people use said software and start reporting issues.

Did you complain to Microsoft or Apple when there software had big bugs and issues. 

Highlighted
Explorer

i am charging my phone after 24 hours 

with 47 percent battery left

and 4 hours screen time

its been 4 days i am getting same  battery timeming

24 hours    47 percent left  with 4 hours of screen time 

Highlighted
Navigator

what phone s10+ or ?

24 hours of usage or 4 hours ?

Highlighted