Support

Open search

S10 Battery Drain

Highlighted
Explorer

Yep, UK and on EE here 

First Poster

EE and UK too. Had my s10 a week tomorrow and I'm shocked at the battery to be honest. My s8 has a longer battery life after 2 years than this new one. 

Navigator

I am giffgaff in the UK.  I have been travelling Sweden to Denmark and all the north of Denmark today - have had the phone off charge since 6am ans is now 6:20pm. Have taken a lot of pics constantly and had my phone on including for Google maps a fair bit. Am at 38% (I have however turned autosync off as there is no reason to have my email going though back in the UK I prefer to have AS on).  My friend has the S9 and is on Three in Sweden - had his phone out and did the same number of things and he was at 20%...

I spoke to EE today and got a right bad experience!! Script all way through, now tell me -once you get a replacement within the 30 days of contract does this reset and give you another 30? according to EE its not, ok thats fine but now its with the complaints team, they have no idea of issue - they wont replace my phone - I think I will see Samsung like I said and see what they come up with. 

@cara1 wrote:

I am giffgaff in the UK.  I have been travelling Sweden to Denmark and all the north of Denmark today - have had the phone off charge since 6am ans is now 6:20pm. Have taken a lot of pics constantly and had my phone on including for Google maps a fair bit. Am at 38% (I have however turned autosync off as there is no reason to have my email going though back in the UK I prefer to have AS on).  My friend has the S9 and is on Three in Sweden - had his phone out and did the same number of things and he was at 20%...

SOT? Starting to think the S10 range isn't properly set up for 4G :? why wouldn't Samsung know this or be aware. Really weird this guys :( 

Navigator

Can someone tell me what the most upto date update is? 

Navigator

SOT was nearly 3 hours so not great BUT camera does take up a lot  Especially as I was constantly turning my phone on/off and there is definitely no signala between Sweden and Denmark in the middle of the sea.  Annoyingly I am noticing apps are running in the background (I'm looking at you Uber and a few others) despite turning OFF background and having the app closed...there are definitely also dead spots in the north of Denmark so my phone would have been searching as well.  I also have issues with the keyboard running in the background and eating battery....w...t...f.......I've noticed it a number of times....

Navigator

My Android system is also SUDDENLY going haywire....not sure if it's got anything to do with haywire apps and actually my screen ate up 22%!!!

Oh wait...ETA...I needed MAX screen brightness today because there was not a cloud in the sky so couldn't see stuff 

Ended up speaking to EE complaints team after being transfer from 3 different departments. 

Link them this thread and they haven't had no one report this, they also wouldn't know how to fix it which worked in my favour - now I'm able to wipe my upgrade off and start again - a extended DSR they called it :/

Anyway this S10 is heading back to them in the week and I then have a choice of either getting another S10 plus ( unlikely at this point) or choose something different - more than likely a P30 Pro - sorry but after seeing the difference in battery wifi vs 4G I just can't keep this phone. I pay over £55 a month 60GB which is pointless at min. 

Apprentice

I'm also on EE with my S10+. Looking like I'll have to try give them a ring to get it swapped for a P30 Pro so I don't have to worry about how I use my phone for the battery to last a day.

Top Liked Authors