Support

Open search

S10 Battery Drain

Explorer
@Curt_Interludes, can I ask if you are based in the UK? And if so, how are you getting your replacements? I've been trying to get a replacement from Samsung for nearly a month now and keep getting told they have a stock issue, which I find incredibly hard to believe. I'm in the UK, on an EE contract through carphone warehouse.
Navigator

Yeah I don't believe that at all. Samsung offered me a new phone despite me being on an EE contract. I turned it down a couple of weeks ago because I felt it was best to stick with an EE phone. Thats when I asked ee for my third replacement and hey, seems to have fixed it.

It's a real shame for you because it sounds like your 14 days cooling off, and your 30 day return if broken policy is up 

Navigator
Or about to be up soon*
Explorer

@Arwmjc wrote:

Is it me or is everybody going over top about battery? Who stays away from a charger for so long? 5 to 6 hours screen on is reasonable..   mine lasts a day no probs even if I have been really been using heavy I put it on charge.

I used to get +5 hours SOT with my previous phone who had a lot less battery capacity... and that's the thing.. You move to one of these phones with the hope you will get a better capacity on SOT as they claim, and actually some of my friends with these phones get +7 +8 SOT. And that's enough to no need to charge it at the end of every day.. It would last at least a day and half and in some cases 2 days before needing charging.. 

But clearly many models are having issues with the battery and some people are getting even only 3 hrs of SOT.. There is something not right. 

Navigator

@Arwmjc wrote:

Is it me or is everybody going over top about battery? Who stays away from a charger for so long? 5 to 6 hours screen on is reasonable..   mine lasts a day no probs even if I have been really been using heavy I put it on charge.

It's because in comparison to other phones with similar battery capacities, the battery behaviour/drainage on the S10's are horrific.

Highlighted
Explorer

@Curt_Interludes Yeah I got the phone on the day of release, 8th of March so I'm out of the 14 and 30 day periods.  Annoyingly I highlighted the issue with Carphone Warehouse first and they advised taking it up with Samsung.  They'd said that they could replace it, but it could take up to a week by the time I'd sent it off, and they'd sent a new one out.  The agent at Samsung had said they could send a new one with UPS to drop off at the same time they picked mine up.  Given I didn't want to be without a device for a week I tried to chase it with Samsung.  But here we are a month later almost and still using the original handset with the battery drain issue. FML!

Why did you decide to stick with an EE handset particuarly?

@Curt_Interludes wrote:

Yeah I don't believe that at all. Samsung offered me a new phone despite me being on an EE contract. I turned it down a couple of weeks ago because I felt it was best to stick with an EE phone. Thats when I asked ee for my third replacement and hey, seems to have fixed it.

It's a real shame for you because it sounds like your 14 days cooling off, and your 30 day return if broken policy is up 

So your third replacement is doing good? Check at the build date was Dial *#197328640#* or *#*#197328640#*#* in your Dial Pad. Select the Menu Version Info->Hard Ware Version->Read Cal Date. This Date is the Manufacturing date of Your Android Mobile -

my replacement from EE was built on 9th March so the day after release - same as my first, battery won't go over 5h SOT - @cara1 AH3 didn't do much for me, I mean I didn't end up doing as many disables and whitelists as you but really couldn't be bothered with it .

If @Curt_Interludes your 3rd handset works fine I worry that it's a hardware issue - maybe more recent built ones are fine :/ 

Navigator

I'm not sure AH3 did too much for my battery either but it's nice having no ads and a snappy Internet regardless!!!  And also nice to be able to control the packages/disable packages that I don't use on the fly.  Unfortunately that dialer doesn't work for me...but, I guess my SOT isn't as terrible as what other people's are on here even though it's still not overly fantastic

First Poster
I faced the same issue but it got better when i switched off "Tap To Wake" and "Lift To Wake". I know these feature is a must have and hard to give up but it's our only solutiob at the moment 
Just Browsing

I'm having the exact same issue , I even turned off the always.on display, did all the recommendations , and still draining for no reason, my last phone HTC u 11 battery life was way more better 

Top Liked Authors