Support

Open search

S10 Battery Drain

Highlighted
Explorer

Samsung do need to optimise the battery and software alot better hoping they do via an update as 4100 battery should really last 1 and half days maybe 2 but it's when the device isn't being used that it seems to drain alot 

Highlighted
Navigator

@AntS wrote:

Just letting peeps know that in order to avoid any confusion I've edited Anerola's post above to include the post they were responding to. 

Thanks!! haha  I was so confused when I went to look!

Highlighted
Explorer

Sorry about that, and thank you for correcting it =)

Highlighted
Explorer
Hello everyone...

I know this subject is for S10 but just wanted to highlight I have a NOTE 9 with the same issues you are indicating... With luck I get a max of 4.50 hrs of active screen use a day (when battery down to 10% or so).. Some days it goes worse and I get only 3 and something.
My best days in battery is what I used to have with the iPhone 7 plus which I switched from that one to this one, being one of the reasons, because of the battery!!... and it's very dissapointing... I have the Exynos version as well, dual sim, I live in Spain.

I have tried many things... Wipe cache partition, restore phone to factory settings, calibrate the battery, night mode on, minimum apps sinc, etc etc... I have managed to read about 40 pages of this blog (currently on 73) and I read ALL of the comments and I have tried practically ALL, and still the same...

True I noticed that with iPhones meanwhile the battery take a lot longer to go lower 97 - 96%, in this phone it estabilise better with lower capacity (50% and below).. But still, I get the screen hours I get.. I can't manage to go over 5 hours of screen use when I expected to have +7 hrs (like many others I know who have the same phone). Plus its a 4,000 mah battery for god's sake! I am currently on 66% of battery and I have only 1 hr and 38 min of use... 8 hours ago I unplugged the phone from the charger at 100%.

As many of you, the phone is consuming 9 - 10% of battery over night without ANY use. This didnt happen the night I switched on the "airplane mode", that night, the consumption was 1% of battery when I woke up the next day...

I am regreting the switch.. And dont get me wrong.. I enjoy all the features I have earned with this mobile... But because of the battery issue I'm starting to wish switching back to iPhone or trying Huawei at least (I have a workmate with a P20 pro and his battery last 2 full days with over 10 hours of screen use!). Something else I have noticed is that the camera is not that good as I expected.. I still have the feeling that the iPhone 7 plus I had took better shots and videos in many situations..... Annoying... But still a good camera dont get me wrong...

Anyway, don't know what else to try.... Hopefully one of these comments will propose a solution that works!

Highlighted
First Poster

Has it worked? 

Highlighted
First Poster
Same here. Down to 88% in 1 hour without use and down to 12% after 4 hours.
Highlighted
First Poster
Has it worked?
Highlighted
First Poster
Did it help? What did they ask you to do?
Highlighted
First Poster
Interesting that there's a problem with posting new posts
Highlighted
Explorer

For me nothing has worked yet... right now I'm on 56% and I have only used 1hr.59min of active screen use. Can you imagine, 50% of battery for 2 hours of real use...... crazy...

Top Liked Authors