Support

Open search

S10 Battery Drain

Navigator
It does take abit of time but I did it when I was having battery drain issues before the update came out and it does help
Explorer

@Barbaraowl wrote:

@Tehki8 wrote:

@Barbaraowl wrote:

@Vaishak wrote:

Guys what is your average screen time on S10?

I'm hardly getting 6 hours..

I am at 1h40 and 39% battery left...

Can you take a screen shot for your battery screen and post it here, it's not great 1h 40m. But need to put it in to context of what app and standby timeScreenshot_20190401-180805_Settings.jpg

You mean this?

Your battery life isn't good, have you received any firmware updates? My S10e received one when I first got the phone on relasrr date and then I received the 2nd about a week or so ago and the 3rd one towards the end of last week. 

Navigator
Wow I've just gone through app by app and restricted background activity - I found a few apps that I swear I couldn't restrict previously suddenly have the ability to be restricted. So I've done that apart from a few key apps that I like to receive notifications from. There was one especially, OM Customize (or something like that) that had eaten up nearly 5% of my battery alone. I have googled it and others have had the same issue. I haven't force stopped it yet...want to see what the result may be (may try force stopping and if no issue, "remove" via ADB altogether since it will turn back on as soon as you reboot the phone)
Apprentice

@Tehki8 wrote:

@Barbaraowl wrote:

@Tehki8 wrote:

@Barbaraowl wrote:

@Vaishak wrote:

Can you take a screen shot for your battery screen and post it here, it's not great 1h 40m. But need to put it in to context of what app and standby timeScreenshot_20190401-180805_Settings.jpg

You mean this?

Your battery life isn't good, have you received any firmware updates? My S10e received one when I first got the phone on relasrr date and then I received the 2nd about a week or so ago and the 3rd one towards the end of last week. 

@Tehki8 wrote:

@Barbaraowl wrote:

@Tehki8 wrote:

@Barbaraowl wrote:

@Vaishak wrote:

You mean this?

I received the last one on Saturday morning. But battery is still very bad. I am very pissed and sad. I will never make the mistake again to switch from iphone to Samsung 

Highlighted
Explorer

I just don't think it's acceptable that with a brand new flagship device like this one, with such a big battery capacity, that users should have to go through the process of restricting functions in order to acheive the advertised battery life.  This simply isn't good enough.  I'm so disappointed :( 

Apprentice
Did it work?
Explorer
Hi, can you please uninstall Spotify and test it for a day?
Apprentice

Will give it a try.  But do you reinstall later?

Explorer
Think I have worked this out.

2 weeks ago, I logged this issue with Spotify. I tried all sorts, reinstalling, etc.

The only way I could get Spotify to eat less battery was by making sure the app is optimised so it goes to sleep. That stops the app from playing randomly.

Then, I found this thread and only this afternoon installed the new update.

I got my Samsung buds today as well, too excited!

So I changed the optimise setting and switched it off. Since then it has been killing the battery again. I guess the behaviour is not limited to just Spotify hence some people have turned off all background activity for all apps.

Find out for yourself, no Spotify for a day or 2 and also turn off adaptive brightness, manage it yourself.

Let us know how it goes.
First Poster

You should return your device and get a new one. Someone in this post was talking about a bad batch of phones. 

I'm currently at 63% with 17h34m on battery with 3h17m screen time.

Top Liked Authors