S10 Battery Drain

Highlighted
Explorer

***** 21% on screen, too much!!

Highlighted
Explorer

@Bianconeri145 wrote:

***** 21% on screen, too much!!

21% is not too much if you are getting good screen on time, what is the screen on time in hours and minutes? 

Highlighted
Apprentice
Usually we dont buy a 899$/£ phone to limit all apps and not donload every app we need to and use it on power economy mode !
It's frustrating that I have to do this if I want normal battery life that I had on my previous Samsung galaxy S8 without any struggle.
This optimizations should be done by samsung and not manually by us, also I don't see the point of 8Gb of RAM if we are going to struggle with battery life and have to shut down all apps.
I hope this get fixed soon by an update. That's all I have ! HOPE!
Highlighted
First Poster

Hello all. First time poster. 

First of all, I am really happy with my S10+. It just feels nicer than the S8 I have upgraded from, and everything feels snappy / quick to run which is great. Overally I am happy with the battery, I usually get about 40 hours between charges with medium use. But there are some bits that I know just aren't quite right. When I take the phone off charge and go to work, after the first 3 hours off charge, it will loose around 15 - 18% charge, then after that is seems to settle down a bit. I have seen people posting abotu 3% battery loss on standbyu over about a 8 - 9 hour period which is what I would expect. 

I've read lots about the battery drain and I haven't had the latest firmware released yet. I've gone through all of the settings suggested to prevent battery drain (adaptive performance, disable double tap to wake, nearby device scanning disabled etc). However, something is still drawing power. I have seen that Bixby voice wake up seems to be taking a lot of battery despite it being disabled (Voice wake up off and automatic listening set to never). I have disabled the bixby screen and remapped the bixby button). I've also force stopped Bixby voice wake up, but it keeps starting itself again. I've also cleared Google play cache and also formatted cache partition. But it still keeps using battery :

Screenshot_20190326-173702_Settings.jpg

Anybody else seeing this battery drain from Bixby voice wake up? And does anyone have any suggestions on how to disable it?

Highlighted
Explorer

I called Samsung's Greek support and they are not even aware of the problem!! They didn't know about the update. They knew nothing. How is that even possible??? I'm very disappointed .

Highlighted
Explorer
I just read this article on Sammobile about the firmware update for the S10, it was suspended recently but has been resumed. This might explain why some people haven't been receiving the update?

https://www.sammobile.com/2019/03/28/samsung-galaxy-s10-march-security-update/
Highlighted
Apprentice

Thing is that if we have issues now in the few starting weeks i don't want to think later. In the UK I wanted to go for LG as i listen to music a lot but seems that LG market strategy is poor when it comes to the UK. What concerns me is the silence from Samsung and the lack of an official response.Buying a 900£ phone that need to be limited in order to save battery is concerning.

Highlighted
Explorer

I'm in UK and just got update. Download it manually. Fingers crossed for improvement!screengrab-20190328-121304.jpg

Explorer

I had spoken to Samsung on their live web chat on Friday evening to explain the issue and that I had already performed factory reset etc.  I was told that, as a factory reset would have been their last option as a troubleshooting fix, they would relace the device.  After a few days I hadn't had a follow up email to coordinate the pickup of my current device and the delivery of the new one, so I gave Samsung Stars a call last night.  After chatting with his supervisor, the guy I spoke to told me that there had been a delay in sending out a new device as they were out of stock due to the number of people also having thei rdevices replaced.  He said that there had been a 'bad batch' in the initial orders that particularly affected folk who had pre-ordered, and they were still catching up on replacements.  I don't know if it'll help, but I'll certainly accept a new device, as well as the forthcoming update to see if that will improve matters.  I'm longing to be able to get through a day without sticking this beautiful phone on the charger, and without having to limit use of it to the point where I may as well have stuck with my old HTC.

Highlighted
Explorer

Did they indicate if they were replacing whole bad batch or just those who complained????

Top Liked Authors