Support

Open search

S10 Battery Drain

Highlighted
Explorer

Haven't seen the update yet (I'm in the UK, maybe it hasn't been released here yet?) 

Chatted to Samsung the other day who had agreed to replace my device ,but they haven't followed up so I'm going to call them again tonight.

Below are my battery stats for today . Took phone off charger at 6am it's now nearly 6pm . The phone hasn't been used much ,aside from a couple of hours podcast/music streaming  and the odd check of Facebook (as well as reading updates to this thread 😂)

Screenshot_20190327-174617_Settings.jpg

Explorer

I check on the following sirs to see when firmwares have been released. I found the firmware for my UK S10e BTU first on this this site. This prompted me to check the phone for the update. I updated the phone 3 days ago.

www.sammobile.com/firmwares

I wouldn't download the firmware from this site, I only use it for reference .

I read somewhere that if you connect your phone to the desktop pc smart switch application you can download the latest firmware if it's available, I believe it can be available before it OTA on the phone. 

Navigator

I just want it to hurry up and hit the UK already

Explorer

Well, 14 days end tomorrow. I am contempleting returning the phone and get a better deal once this is all settled.

Explorer
I am getting similar results which isn't good!
Explorer

@bigjig wrote:
I am getting similar results which isn't good!

Which model do you have and have you updated to the latest firmware? If you have, did you clear the cache partition and Google play services cache and data?

Explorer

Hi, I have the S10.

I have resorted to turning off all notifications and background services. I am using it like a Nokia phone at the minute.

But I have found out a new firmware was released on 21st March - G973FXXU1ASC8 I am waiting for the OTA update, apparently it's got the fix.

The issue is the CPU wont go into deep sleep thus using up power when idle and this seems to be triggered by some app activity, particularly VOIP. That's what I read anyway.

Navigator
Tehki8 - I just did a search on site link and no update is available for the S10. Only the S10e a s S10+ are listed...can anyone confirm that there is a firmware update for the S10 and not the other models?
Explorer
Apprentice

I have the latest update it was available from Monday.

Top Liked Authors