Support

Open search

S10 Battery Drain

First Poster

At least in my case after clearing google play services and cache partition, battery has been good.

My first charge ended with 39.5 hours, with SOT for 4hrs:17min and voice calls of 4 hours on 4g (including whatsapp calls). (no other heavy duty stuff, a few pictures, web browsing etc.)

The second charge is currently at 33% with 19 hours on battery, and SOT of 3hrs:45min + voice calls of 1hr40mins. (100% LTE - WiFi on and connected but non-operational)

The phone still moves from 100% much faster than other phones but is consistent in the way it goes down.

I think, I'm ok with the battery now, its sorted. 

(S10 - Exynos)

Highlighted
Explorer

SLK, how much does ur android system drain? Im at 62% battery atm and androidnsystem drained 5% and google play services 1% but ive deactivated it, atm 5hrs on battery with only using whatsapp

Highlighted
Navigator
That's not poor, I'm getting 3 hours screen on time before mine dies after a 11/13 hour day.
Highlighted
Navigator
that's where I am..
Highlighted
Navigator
any change so far?
Highlighted
Explorer

Did anyone receive a replacement device, and if so, can they confirm whether they are experiencing the same issues with their new phones?  I've bene offered a replacement through my provider, but it's going to take a week for it to be replaced.  I'm cautious about leaving myself a week without a phone, just to get another that has the same problem.

Highlighted
Apprentice

Yes I did, it’s no better at all!

Highlighted
First Poster

@Bianconeri145 wrote:

SLK, how much does ur android system drain? Im at 62% battery atm and androidnsystem drained 5% and google play services 1% but ive deactivated it, atm 5hrs on battery with only using whatsapp

Very similar for android system. Google play services is 2% at similar battery level.

Highlighted
Explorer

I too was not completely happy with battery life but this video solved a lot of the issues!

https://youtu.be/Ro-cnOLWjvs

Give it a watch as it will help!

Highlighted
Navigator

Thing is people with the snapdragon 550 have there phones on for two solid days with 7 hours screen on time with always in display on, with all the other bells and whistles you shouldn't have to sacrifice to get half of the battery life a mate 20 Pro or one plus 6t gets. 

Top Liked Authors