Support

Open search

S10 Android 10 Not Updating.

Highlighted

@AntS wrote:

A little unsure about that link, @RolfVonHessen 

Yes, indeed, if Samsung doesn't know the link then its probably better not to download anything from there !

scam.jpg

Highlighted
Apprentice

Hi again. So I gave it said best shot. Followed instructions to the letter.

Notes to other non-techies who may be interested in trying:

• First, make sure you have all you user names/passwords written down in front of you (I know it's basic, but it's a basic PITA when it dawns on you that you can't quite remember them because you've taken to relying on a password store of late and you can't do any authentication because your phone is in deep sedation and mid open-heart surgery).
  • The instruction say to press volume down/bixby/power buttons to get to directory. My experience was that it needs to be VOLUME UP/bixby/power button to make the command work.
  • Use cabled Smart Switch and download your data/apps/folders to your PC AND  to upload this back up back to your phone - don't be tempted to use Google cloud back-up as cabled Smart Switch does it in a FRACTION of the time and puts stuff back in folders where it came from.
  • Know that if you do this many passwords and account set-ups for apps (finances, social, etc, etc, etc...) will go and need to be re-done (which is another, significant, PITA).
  • Put a chunk of time aside to do this.

But, unfortunately, nothing seems to have changed/updated 

Screenshot_20200127-121755_Settings.jpgScreenshot_20200127-121827_Settings.jpg

Is the long and short of it - according the other poster who is dissing your opinion - that I just have to wait until Greece gets an upde. That's for both Android 10 and One UI 2? And have I/the mighty nation of Greece had no updates since 1 April 2019 - as indicated on my software information screens?

Thoughts?

Cheers.

Highlighted

@SE11 wrote:

Hi again. So I gave it said best shot. Followed instructions to the letter.

But, unfortunately, nothing seems to have changed/updated 

Is the long and short of it - according the other poster who is dissing your opinion - that I just have to wait until Greece gets an upde. That's for both Android 10 and One UI 2? And have I/the mighty nation of Greece had no updates since 1 April 2019 - as indicated on my software information screens?

Thoughts?

Cheers.

Sorry for leading you astray! Do you gave any connection to the mighty nation of greece ? Could you find out whether they have got any updates since April ? If they really didn't get any update so far it's no wonder you don't get any.

Were you asked whether you wanted to configure the phone according to the greece SIM ?

I ask because it still reads "XEU/XEU,EUR/EUR".

Highlighted

Should you lose patience, bring the phone to Samsung and let them install a complete new UK-version.

In the meantime we'll have to wait until @AntS gets an answer to the questions we cannot answer.

Highlighted

https://www.sammobile.com/samsung/galaxy-s10/firmware/SM-G973F/EUR/

Your device is a SM-G973F, that's the sammobile page for Greece, they tell us that the last update was 2020-01-02 on Android 10.

Highlighted

@SE11 wrote:

So, as we've seen Greece has got its updates, and @AntS in Suggestion-make-quot-no-update-available-quot-message-more confirmed CSC-related-issues as a possible reason that you don't get the update.

Again sorry that I couldn't provide a solution. Come to think of it, you could contact the Samsung support and ask them . Whatever you do, good luck !

Rolf

Highlighted

@SE11: just read @darks619 last entries in Galaxy-S9-S9/Phone-doesn-t-get-updates : "I had to do a factory reset using my sim from india and the csc settings changed and I could receive updates from India." . So the solution I proposed might just work in related cases !

Highlighted
Apprentice

Before I trundle off to ask the great support system in the sky, can you interpret this for me - from after I asked my phone check for any updates, it said no and this...

Cheers - again.

Screenshot_20200128-100647_Software update (1).jpg

Highlighted

@SE11 wrote:

Before I trundle off to ask the great support system in the sky, can you interpret this for me - from after I asked my phone check for any updates, it said no and this...

Yes, that's the message with the minimal verbosity that I suggested might be made more verbose . It says that there are no updates for you - which is probably right but doesn't tell us whether this is due to the fact that there are no updates at all for your S10 or due to CSC-related issues or due to the plethora of possible causes that another user thinks must be the sole answer to this question. I think we can safely rule out the first possibility, and the second one is at least a possible one, as @AntS told us.

Highlighted
Apprentice
Grrrrr.
Thanks. I'll come back and report if I get through Samsung support of one sort or another.
Top Liked Authors