Support

Open search

Picture Size

Explorer

Hi. On my old Galaxy phones there was always an option to change picture sizes for example 10 or 16 megapixels. Cant see anywhere with that option on S10+. Has anyone else found an option yet?

33 REPLIES 33
AndrewL Moderator
@Marcusdr: To access this feature please open the Camera app > Tap the cog symbol in the top left corner > As an example, select 'Rear Picture Size' although these instructions are applicable to both front and rear cameras (pictures and videos) > Select an aspect ratio e.g. 16:9 > Tap 'Resolution', located below your chosen aspect > choose from the available options. Hope this helps.
Explorer

Hi. There is no option that says rear picture size. Only option I see is for video to set FHD or UHD and FPS.

AndrewL Moderator
Hmm, that's strange. Under 'Camera Settings' you should see Intelligent Features at the top, made up of Scene Optimiser and Flaw Detection. Below that you should have a series of picture options, the first being 'Rear Picture Size'. I'd recommend enabling 'Photo' on the main camera screen before selecting 'Settings' to ensure that all available options are there and not greyed out due to being incompatible with the current mode.
Explorer

Hi.  What I have in settings when accessed in photo mode is.

Intelligent Features - Scene optimiser, shot suggestions, flaw detection.

Picture - Motion photos, hold shutter button, save options.

Videos - Rear video size, front video size, advanced recording options, video stabilisation

Useful features - HDR rich tone, tracking auto focus, grid lines, location tags, camera modes, shooting methods, storage location, quick launch, quick review, 

Navigator

Exactly same issue here, also what I found is it's not capturing photos at full resolution by default 

Explorer

I compared with a friends note 8 also running android pie and that had the options to change picture size in the settings. 

Is this a software issue s10+ or are they hidden somewhere else in a sub menu?

Explorer

I also cannot find these settings.

Explorer
First thing i looked for when i got the s10+ cant see or find those settings anywhere.
Highlighted
Explorer
Surely this has got to be updated. Its a massive part of taking photos. I have looked everywhere under settings in camera.
Top Liked Authors