Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Photos disappearing from gallery s10+

(Topic created on: 20-05-2019 09:17 AM)
Gerrymc66
First Poster
Options

My holiday photos has disappeared from my S10+ gallery. I cant find them anywhere. Does anyone know why this happened and how they can be recovered?

Thanks

0 Likes
32 REPLIES 32
Libb
MegaStar
Options

Try this application to rescan media storage: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=burrows.apps.sdcard

0 Likes
Kamsung
Pioneer
Options

Oh my days! 

Exact same issue!!!!! i was on holiday and i know for fact i took loads of pics which now i have less than half. 

At least i know im not the only one with the issue

AndrewL
Options
@Gerrymc66: Do you have a Cloud account that you regularly backup to? If so have you tried restoring your last backup to see if you can recover the images in this manner? If not please check Apps > Samsung (Folder) > My Files > Images to see if the pictures are present in this location.
0 Likes
TroynKez
First Poster
Options

Not sure if you sorted this out, but I have just experienced the same with my new S10+. Under menu in gallery there is now a "Recycle Bin" option. For whatever reason, the majority of my pics had moved into there. I do not use any cloud sync. There is the option to Select All, then Restore. 

Hope this helps.

aikugui
Apprentice
Options

I am not sure it's impossible to get the disappeared photos from Samsung Galaxy S10e/S10. If they are overwritten by new data, there is no choice to get them back. Just let Android data recovery scan your Samsung Galaxy S10e/S10, if they can be scanned out, you can recover them back.

0 Likes
Solution
Bolognafarts
Student
Options

Download the app "DiskDigger" from the app store. My wife lost her pics off her phone and I opened that app (after a few hours digging into it) and ran the scan, and all the images she took had appeared in there...then you can save them to a folder, THEN BACK THEM UP!

I hope this helps!

0 Likes
Gerrymc66
First Poster
Options

100%. Cant thank you enough. Normally do transfer everything to a hard disc when I get home but stupidly left it this time. That won't happen again. Thanks again for the help much appreciated.

0 Likes
Paulk1
Student
Options

The same happened to me with my s10, took a few picures and videos yesterday for work, when I went to show them to the boss, they where all gone.wtf

0 Likes
Gerrymc66
First Poster
Options

If you go to diskdigger.org and download their app you can use this to retrieve photos and videos. I was able to retrieve all mine thanks to another member on here advising me of the app. According to Samsung they do not have programme to do this which I find d very hard to believe. 

0 Likes