Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

One ui 2.1 ruined keyboard suggestions

(Topic created on: 12-04-2020 10:11 AM)
1Leigh
Student
Options

Before updating, when I used to start typing an email address (the first 3 letters) I would get email address suggestions pop up at the top of the keyboard, therfore not having to type the whole address everytime. This was very useful and It also used to work for other words I used alot, e.g. my name. I'm quite angry this is no longer working.

I can't find a setting that relates to this. 

Any suggestions on how I get this back? 

0 Likes
9 REPLIES 9
Solution
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hello @1Leigh 

I'm on the One Ui 2.1 update.

When I start typing an email address it does show up which I assume is drawn from the emails stored in my phone or from me typing in the email address since the uodage which predictive text then saves.

i.e I typed in lee. and the whole email address came up.I typed in lee. and the whole email address came up.Is the email address saved in your contacts so that the phone can bring it up or have you typed it in before so your predictive text brings it up. ?

The new One Ui 2.1 updates clears all your previous predictive text that was saved so you have to start again. Well that's what happened on mine.

I'll have a look at my settings for you.

🌈 Stay Safe  🌈 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

1Leigh
Student
Options

Hi, thanks for this.

It was retrieving the addresses from predictive text. Now that I've entered them a few times it is working again. A bit frustrating that the update clears predictive text.

Cheers

BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

I agree but on the flip side its cleared any words that seemed to linger that I either spelled wrong and it wouldn't properly delete by long pressing in it and all the emoticons in the saved area !

@1Leigh 

nikolozas
Apprentice
Options

where are you i want get it maby i try from vpn ? 😞

0 Likes
denon480
Journeyman
Options

I have same problem, and not only with email i lost all my words which i collect 1 year

BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@denon480 

Yes unfortunately the update cleared mine too.

🌈 Stay Safe  🌈 

denon480
Journeyman
Options

Is there any way to fix it? I have smartswich backup from 2.0 btb1 and there all my words in keyboard, but when i update to ctc9 with odin all words first 3-5 minutes is here in keyboard, after this time is gone, even if phone just is on the table and i dont touch him, i try it 2 times, flash clearly btb1>restore backup (only setting)>update to ctc9>see all my words here>put on table>5 min words gone. Mystic.

0 Likes
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

In older versions of android i.e oreo i think there was an option to back up keyboard settings but I can't see that option now on Android 10.

For me its a good and bad thing.

Bad is I've lost some words I use quite regularly but I'll get back after using the keyboard.

Good is its cleared all the words that seemed to linger even when I used the long press method to delete them.

🌈 Stay Safe  🌈 

denon480
Journeyman
Options

and one thing, in version btb1 with oneui 2.0 in samsung cloud > other synced data i have Keyboard data (predictive text data) but in ctc9 in samsung cloud > other synced data "keyboard data" item is missing. Strange things.

0 Likes