Support

Open search

Notifications not working for Samsung Email

Highlighted
Apprentice

Notifications for the Samsung Email app are not working at all and I am unable to receive a notification banner or edge lighting notification whenever I receive an email. I am only able to hear the notification sound. I have notifications enabled for the Email app and I am also on the latest version of OneUI 2.0 and have updated the Email app to the latest version.

Please help!

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Superuser I
Superuser I

@S20 

Can you start by trying a soft reboot by turning your phone Off and On.

My advice comes from being a UK Samsung Phone User.
Current Phone ~

Samsung Note 10+ 5G _256Gb > Model: SM-N976B._ Samsung One Ui 2.1 / Android 10.

Samsung Gear s3 Frontier Watch.
Samsung Galaxy Buds.
Samsung Galaxy Tab A {2016}SM-T580

Apprentice

Thank you for your suggestion, but the issue still persists after restarting the phone.

Highlighted
Superuser I
Superuser I

Try turning the features off and then back on.

May not be the case but a downloaded app maybe causing issues.

Put the phone in Safe Mode which disables any downloaded apps and leaves the stock ones working and then see what happens.

My advice comes from being a UK Samsung Phone User.
Current Phone ~

Samsung Note 10+ 5G _256Gb > Model: SM-N976B._ Samsung One Ui 2.1 / Android 10.

Samsung Gear s3 Frontier Watch.
Samsung Galaxy Buds.
Samsung Galaxy Tab A {2016}SM-T580

Highlighted
Apprentice

I have put my phone in safe mode but I am unable to access the Email app as it was not preinstalled on my phone. I have used the Email app in the Secure Folder but there is still no edge lighting or any notification banner at all, just the notification sound. I have also tried disabling edge lighting and disabling then reenabling notifications for the Email app, but I am still unable to receive any visible notifications, just the sound.

Please let me know if there is a fix! Perhaps it is an issue with the Email app itself? I hope it can be resolved.

Top Liked Authors