Support

Open search

My phon never at 100%

Highlighted
Explorer

Hey all,

I charge my phone over night and I always wake up and the phone is near 0%. It seems the phone stops charging and the battery drains and it starts again. I figured it was because of my wireless charger and it turns out that even wired the same thing happens.

Is there a setting to keep it from doing this? I never had such a problem with my iPhones and they would always be at 100%

TIA

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Superuser I
Superuser I

There isn't a setting as far as I'm aware @Gregoris 

The phone automatically starts charging to 100% and then is clever enough to stop fully charging and then just trickle charge if the phones drops back down from full charge.

I assume none of the water indicators have been tripped and the phone hasn't been dropped or bumped.

One good self help troubleshooting tip is to put the phone in Safe Mode which disables any downloaded apps and leaves the stock ones working and then see what happens.

If the issue stops then one or more of your apps maybe causing this. Come out of Safe Mode and start deleting your most recent apps one at a time until it stops.

You could try a factory reset.

If needed a Samsung Experience Store  / Samsung Service Centre can run a diagnostic test but at this time these maybe closed due to the COVID-19 pandemic.

If the phone was supplied by a network then they might be able to assist too.

My advice comes from being a UK Samsung Phone User.

Current Phone ~

Samsung Note 10+ 5G _256Gb > Model: SM-N976B._ Samsung One Ui 2.0 / Android 10.

Samsung Gear s3 Frontier Watch.
Samsung Galaxy Buds.
Samsung Galaxy Tab A {2016}SM-T580

Highlighted
Explorer

Hello and thank you for your very helpfull reply.

[quote]I assume none of the water indicators have been tripped and the phone hasn't been dropped or bumped.[/quote]

It has had water on it. But small amounts in the rain - I assume this is ok as it is water resistant, up to 1.5 meters for 30 mins. It has also been dropped a few times. but the phone has no scratches or dents as I use a case and the front screen protector that is pre applied.

[quote]One good self help troubleshooting tip is to put the phone in Safe Mode which disables any downloaded apps and leaves the stock ones working and then see what happens.[/quote]

Now you mention this I wonder if it could be the mobile hotspot I usually have it on 24/7 and tether from my iPad and apple watch.

Apps I dont have that much installed, 

skype is always running.

You have given me a good start to try a few things.

Thank you for your help.

Highlighted
Superuser I
Superuser I

You're very welcome @Gregoris 

The phone is water resistant but not water proof so a phone can still have water ingestion which avoids the warranty and can cause issues within.

Using a Mobile Hotspot i.e tethering does use lots of resources in the phone as well as battery usage.

Do let us know how you get on 

Current Phone ~

Samsung Galaxy Buds.

Highlighted
Explorer

<The phone is water resistant but not water proof so a phone can still have water ingestion which avoids the warranty and can cause issues within.>

I learnt this the hard way with my last phone. Avoid water, even if it is watr resistant.

<Using a Mobile Hotspot i.e tethering does use lots of resources in the phone as well as battery usage.

Do let us know how you get on  >

I turned off tethring and I woke up to 60% battery. I am used to having phones that will stay at 100% until I take it off the charger.  

Do you know if the s20 is the same?

Superuser I
Superuser I

I'm not using the s20 @Gregoris 

On every Samsung phone I've owned when I charge overnight my phone shows as 100%

Current Phone ~

Samsung Galaxy Buds.

Top Liked Authors