Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

LED cover music player shows when no music app is open

(Topic created on: 27-07-2019 06:31 PM)
icie
Journeyman
Options

I'm having issues with the LED cover music player after the android update (some other people have noted having issues with it in another thread https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/Galaxy-S10e-S10-S10-S10-5G/Is-it-possible-to-disable-music-contr....)

If I don't open any music players everything operates as it did and should, but if I open a music playing app (spotify, podcast addict, etc.) play something, and then close the application, the cover still displays the music controls, and will re-open the app if the controls are touched which is very very irritating.

Is this a ""feature"" or a bug?

Some options for "fixing" this have been noted as:

• Turn off notifications for music apps
    • Not an option as I do want the controls when I am actually playing music.
  • Force stop the LED cover app after closing music apps
    • This should not be necessary and would also be frustrating.
  • Take off and put back on the cover after closing music apps
    • Frustrating and tricky as the case is well fitted.

Very disappointed in this. I'd been underwhelmed by the support/functionality for the case previously but it did the job to a reasonable level. This is no longer a reasonable level.

30 REPLIES 30
Bas10plus
Apprentice
Options

I think I may have found an easy fix. I have this problem when using the Samsung music app. I've noticed that if I first pause the song I'm listening to and then close the app, the music controls get stuck on the Led View Cover. But if I close it while the song is still playing, the music controls close too. It works after it's already stuck as well. Just press play, close while the song is playing, and the music controls disappear. I haven't tried it with other apps.

Carll
Journeyman
Options

@Bas10plus wrote:

I think I may have found an easy fix. I have this problem when using the Samsung music app. I've noticed that if I first pause the song I'm listening to and then close the app, the music controls get stuck on the Led View Cover. But if I close it while the song is still playing, the music controls close too. It works after it's already stuck as well. Just press play, close while the song is playing, and the music controls disappear. I haven't tried it with other apps.

I have just tried to close the app whilst the music is playing, and the music just carries on playing even though the app is closed!

0 Likes
Bas10plus
Apprentice
Options

@Carll wrote:

I have just tried to close the app whilst the music is playing, and the music just carries on playing even though the app is closed!

How do you close it? I close it from the notification tray, with the little x. (You have to allow notifications from the music app for that to be possible.)

0 Likes
Paul_Houston
Pioneer
Options

This was fixed with today's update 

Carll
Journeyman
Options
Yep, I have just installed the update and all is good with the World!
kudos to Samsung for listening to us!
0 Likes
icie
Journeyman
Options

So glad to hear there's an update that works! It doesn't seem to have been pushed to my phone yet though (I've tried searching for updates everywhere I could think of), just to check can someone let me know the version number of the LED cover software with the update?

0 Likes
Paul_Houston
Pioneer
Options

@icie wrote:

So glad to hear there's an update that works! It doesn't seem to have been pushed to my phone yet though (I've tried searching for updates everywhere I could think of), just to check can someone let me know the version number of the LED cover software with the update?

It's the phone's firmware update, not the led software.

0 Likes
icie
Journeyman
Options
Rats, guess I'm stuck waiting then. Thanks!
0 Likes
Azturn
First Poster
Options

This works a treat cheers

0 Likes
MTurtle
First Poster
Options

I had this same issue and it was infuriating!

After a couple of attempts with samsung tech support and a botched return of item, I finally fixed it. Try the following:

Go onto settings.

Go onto Apps.

Press the triple dot button in the top right and select "reset app preferences".

Fair warning, it resets everything so I had to give permissions to things again I'd previously set up, and it caused an issue with whatsapp where it didnt recognise contacts and I had to assign one again before it remembered them all... but the music  bug is fixed, thankfully! Hope this works for you.

0 Likes