Support

Open search

Is there any existence of anyone at all that is fully satisfied with their new device?

Highlighted
Helping Hand

Seems since release, and in my case preordering, All are dissatisfied with it.

Did any do any proper research before purchasing?

Or is it desiring more than what its limited too?

I had most all S series and most all Note devices to date and find this device sufficient.

And traded a Note 9 for a S10 plus.

16 REPLIES 16
Pathfinder

Considering the cost of the device, asking for networking issues to be fixed isn't too much to ask.

That's great you find the poor network performance sufficient, clearly others do not across forums and countries. After all, if it barely is connecting, we have nothing more than glorified tablets with a tiny screen.

I think people do their research before purchasing, as I did. However it seems in even researching their so called updates they claim to fix the problem aren't being reported on until weeks after that they in fact did not fix the issue.

Overall I bougth the device because of dual sim, nice ram/memory, LTE bands, and the fact that Samsung finally got around to putting LTE on both sims, with enough storage in their devices. I experienced networking software issues prior with other manufacturers, and it was always fixed pretty quickly. So I assumed (apparently wrongly) that Samsung would actually acknowledge and fix the issue properly. I guess I along with millions of others were wrong on this count.

Explorer

Is there anyone who is ever fully satisfied with their new device-whatever it is-at all? There's no perfet device, the production lines will always have an allowance for errors, faulty units will always be produced and complains will always exist. 

I searched rather well before buying the S10 and I have to say that it's better than expected. I knew before buying that the S10 won't work with my Creative Labs super X-Fi AMP, but eventually I made it work. I had been reading about the terrible fingerprint scanner, it works much,much better than anticipated. I had been reading about the sub-par photos, I find them more than good. In most cases, the phone is as I expected it, and even better.

One thing dissapointed me, how bad its bluetooth connection is. It's not exactly a deal breaker, but it's the only thing I really dislike about the phone.

Helping Hand

Well, so far no positive replies. Just the usual negative. People, if so dissatisfied, why not consider selling it and opt for another new device?

Explorer

Because as far as I'm concerned there's no better device according to my needs.

Helping Hand
Thank you. 🙂
Explorer

Hi, 

I've never really used the Samsung forums much. However since getting the S10 i've been plagued with issues. From horrible battery life to camera qulaity sucking and wifi not working as well. I upgraded from my S8 which i loved. Everything just worked and worked rather well. I mean theres another brand which google has just banned has got its own version of Dex which is completely wireless and 25w charging. The 25w charging i have advised is in the phone but not enabled 

Dont get me wrong the S10 is a master piece but its been rushed. Now i feel i'm stuck with a £1000.00 smart phone in my 24month contact which i'm not happy with :(

Helping Hand

@Kamsung wrote:

Hi, 

I've never really used the Samsung forums much. However since getting the S10 i've been plagued with issues. From horrible battery life to camera qulaity sucking and wifi not working as well. I upgraded from my S8 which i loved. Everything just worked and worked rather well. I theres another brand which google has just banned has got its own version of Dex which is completely wireless and 25w charging. The 25 wcharging i have advised is in the phone but not enabled 

Dont get me wrong the S10 is a master piece but its been rushed. Now i feel i'm stuck with a £1000.00 smart phone in my 24month contact which i'm not happy with :(

I do understand the 25 watt missing feature, and if it ever comes it will then be well worth 1000 then. 

Pathfinder

Why not worry about yourself then? So, if others don't wallow in your idea what they should be happy about, they're being negative? Is that about right?

Who died and made you boss of what others need to think and do about their devices? Hint: Nobody did, so check yourself

You clearly only read and comprehend what you want to comprehend and ignore the rest.

As is the case on many forums, people such as yourself troll the boards posting this type of nonsense then tell anyone not thinking and believing exactly as yourself they should get rid of their devices. 

Newflash: I'm not loyal to or a fanboy of any company, I give my money to those who have the device I want or need at that time. With that though I expect certain features to work and I expect the company to fix issues, promptly. If they don't, I will call them out on such. That's not being negative as you say, that's expecting what one paid for and the product they said does what they sold. I'm very sorry, this offends you, but at the end of the day what you like or don't doesn't matter to anyone but yourself.

You can like or not like that I am calling them out for not fixing their network issues, I don't care. I wasn't placed on this earth to only say things you like and want to hear. If you don't like the responses you may receive, then perhaps not posting the nonsensical question in the first place then being all holier than thou.

Have a great day... Hopefully a mod will come along shortly and just remove the post completely as it is nothing more than you trolling the board.

AntS Moderator

@StellarTraveler , "Is there any existence of anyone at all that is fully satisfied with their new device?"

Interesting way of putting the question.

If they’re anything like me when I create things, then I highly doubt that the developers themselves are truly satisfied. Not to say that something is necessarily poorly made or not to be proud of, but rather you’re always thinking of different ways you could’ve gone; or new ideas; or have better tools or materials available, or have gained in your skill and knowledge since then.

No one ever sets out to make a bad device. As Voodooman alluded to, even with the best will and testing processes in place, errors do happen; and a product’s story can go very differently in the wild than intended and envisioned at the design and production end. For the newer Samsung smartphones, places like this and stuff like the Members app reporting help to better tell and respond to that story as it unfolds IMO.

Whether to buy a different device very much depends on the individual - and indeed whether the particular feature/pain point can be or is going to be resolved, and how quickly. What may be a deal-breaker/major pain to one person may be either minor or irrelevant to another.

Community_Sig_S10_02s_f.jpg

Say "Hello!" to the Community in The Introduce Yourself Thread.

Top Liked Authors