Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

ICE Emergency Medical Details

(Topic created on: 04-05-2019 05:33 AM)
152bobby
Navigator
Options

Just got my S10e and setting it up.

On my lock screen, it does have my emergency contact person and number, but I want to add medical details.

When I swipe up on the lock screen and press the Emergency Call button and then the Medical Info button which has the text in red, it says "To enter emergency medical infirinform, go to Contacts>my Profile, then select Emergency medical information"

I simply cannot find the my Profile part after going into contacts  !!!

Can anyone help ?

Thanks

11 REPLIES 11
Solution
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@152bobby 

For me opening up my phone app and choosing contacts my profile is the first contact.

Open that.

20190504_053129.jpg

Screenshot_20190504-053008_Contacts.jpg

Screenshot_20190504-053022_Contacts.jpg

The above screenshots are what I'm presented with.

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

MKA
Pioneer
Options

I've already got all that info in my Profile.

But how does a third person get to that info in an emergency, say an accident, if my phone is locked?

0 Likes
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

When someone presses the phones button or swipes up there will be the emergency call button when the pop up to key in your pin is.

When they tap on emergency call they'll see medical info button  

Screenshot_20190504-104842_One UI Home.jpg

Screenshot_20190504-104902_Phone.jpg

152bobby
Navigator
Options
0 Likes
152bobby
Navigator
Options

They just swipe up from the lock screen and press the Emergency Call button and then they will see the Medical Information button.

No access or codes are required to get to this information.

0 Likes
MKA
Pioneer
Options

Hmm, I see that now. But I'm not impressed, I don't think that someone not very familiar with a Samsung, and especially in the heat of the moment, a tense situation like attending a car accident, is going to know or remember to do all that fiddling about.

On other phones I've had, I used to have an ICE app that appeared on the lock screen the moment the scrren was woken. Simply pressing the ICE icon on the locked screen took you to all the info.

0 Likes
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

You can set some limited info to always show on the lockscreen. 

0 Likes
152bobby
Navigator
Options
I would like to think that paramedics, police etc get some sort of training about such things.
0 Likes
MKA
Pioneer
Options

Maybe the 'first responders' do receive training, but it's a bit tough to expect them to know and remember what to do for every iOS and Android phone out there, old and new. And it doesn't help those who get to the scene before the ambulance etc arrive, people who could be calling your family before the first responders even arrive.

I've found a free app called Medical ID in Google Play and have downloaded and set it up. It does exactly what I prefer:

An icon appears on the locked screen when it is woken, and by double clicking on the icon (it even tells you to double click!), you are taken to your ICE information.  You can put all your medical info in, contact details etc.

Try it out, first impressions are good.