Support

Open search

How do i get my lockscreen to only show the name of the person messaging me?

Highlighted
First Poster

Hi,

The S10+ is my first andriod phone. While I am loving the phone one thing that is reallyyyyy bothering me is that the lockscreen will either just read "new message" if i hide the contents of my messages or it will display the persons name with the preview of the message (which I do not want). Is there way for all messaging platforms such as regular text messages, Whatsapp, Instagram, etc to ONLY display the name of the person messaging?

I feel like this is such an easy standard setting on iphones. I don't understand why these Galaxies wouldnt have it. 

I have looked verywhere in the notifications settings and within the apps but maybe I am missing something. Any help would be greatly appreciate.

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
@Natti337: The best way to do this would be to go to Settings > Lock Screen > Notifications > View Style > Brief > Hide Content > On. Hope this helps.
Highlighted
First Poster

This does not work. it will alert that i have a message but it wont display the persons name and i if i switch it to brief and show content it shows the message.

Highlighted
First Poster

Did you ever solve this? I'm having the same issue

Highlighted

Was this problem ever sorted? I've tried so many combinations and still can't get the names to come up without the whole message appearing. 

Highlighted
First Poster
This can't be resolved with the default texting app, you'll need to download one from the play store. I use Textra and I love it; it's highly customizable. The pro version is worth the few $
Top Liked Authors